Open Up Resources is a nonprofit organization increasing equity in education by incubating and disseminating the highest quality curriculum coupled with implementation support to the broadest number of teachers to empower them to effectively and sustainably improve student outcomes in pre-K-12 English Language Arts and Mathematics.
The Math Specialist will be assisting the Director of Mathematics in execution of the Academic Team’s strategy to ensure all curriculum materials and resources are of the highest quality, are aligned to standards, and meet the needs of teachers, students, and families. This contracted role will also provide support in the promotion and implementation of OUR math curricula within school districts.
- Assist in coordinating teacher-reviewers to evaluate math instructional materials.
- Assist in crafting reports of reviewers results to content developers to identify areas of improvement to the materials.
- Assist with revising and editing to ensure the materials are free of any errors and meet OUR’s high-quality assurance check.
- Manage multiple projects effectively by creating timelines, organizing materials and resources, and prioritizing tasks to meet established deadlines.
Ability to be self-managing and flexible while working in a remote environment.
Drive document creation with direction from the Director of Mathematics.
Aggregate and organize data as directed by the Director of Mathematics.
Display a professional attitude in all interactions (verbal, written, in-person) with internal and external stakeholders
Manage calendar events and respond to communication in a timely manner
- Minimum of 5 years of classroom experience teaching students mathematics.
- Experience with addressing K-12 Mathematics standards.
- Expertise in the teaching and learning of CCSS for Mathematics content and practice standards.
- Familiarity with the three gateways within the EdReports evaluation system.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
- Proven organizational skills, high attention to detail, and strong work ethic
- Excellent time management skills with a virtual environment
- Dedication to excellence and proven track record of accountability.
- Strong technology skills
- Ability to lead meetings via web conference tools.
- Working knowledge of email, Google platform, MS Office 365 and Adobe.
- Superior project management skills with a track record of proven results.
- Extraordinary communication skills; written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Ability to consolidate feedback from multiple sources and communicate results effectively.
- A growth mindset with a positive attitude focused on collaboration and problem-solving.
- Open Up Resources Values
- Physical, Mental and Emotional Well-Being
- Learning and Growth
- Achieving Our Mission
- Additional Details
- We are a virtual organization; employees can work from anywhere in the continental U.S.
- We offer a competitive compensation and generous benefits packages.
- We are a growing organization with passionate, high-talented team members!
Company – Open Up Resources
Website – https://openupresources.org/