Revolution Math is an innovative program designed to help 2nd-5th graders develop their math skills and an overall love of learning. The live, online interface integrates an interactive learning experience with a story-based curriculum and Common Core aligned math games. Students enjoy a small class size of only 4 students, allowing them to build confidence under the instruction of a dedicated tutor.
We are looking for fun, energetic individuals with a passion for education. Our teachers work with small groups of elementary aged students, for one hour per week through an online platform. Each session is a fun story-based adventure that teaches Common Core aligned concepts. You will guide students through this adventure, instructing new concepts in a clear and concise manner, while also creating a comfortable environment of exploration. The small groups and your supportive approach allows students to fully engage and feel comfort in making mistakes and working through problems. Following sessions, you will be in contact with parents, keeping them updated on their child’s progress and be available to offer suggestions for improvement. You will also meet online for weekly team debriefs to touch base and discuss areas of improvement for future sessions.
– Bachelor’s Degree preferred
– Previous experience working with and instructing elementary school students, preferably in mathematics
– Previous experience teaching from pre-made curriculum and lesson plans
– Tech-savvy with the ability to troubleshoot
– Ability to teach a minimum of 10 hours per week, including evening, holiday and weekend hours
– Access to reliable internet connection and working computer
– Available to start immediately and pass a background check