Full Job Description
Since March 2020, we’ve educated 5,000+ students on strategic decision-making frameworks through our proprietary “sprint” product delivered by world-class business school professors. Now we’re expanding our product to other distinguished professors, authors, and practitioners to deliver elite business strategy education to today’s business leaders at a fraction of the cost.
We are seeking a multi-faceted, creative, and decisive Part-Time Marketing Copywriter to help bring the Section4 brand to life across more channels and messaging touchpoints. This position will begin at 15 hours per week and has the potential to scale up from there. We are looking for an individual who can deliver quality copy for both our B2B and B2C audiences at all stages of our marketing funnel.
This is an opportunity for a self-starter who wants to contribute to a high-growth startup and be a key player in building our brand’s voice. In this role you will report to the Director of Marketing and work closely with our leadership team. This is a highly collaborative position that requires a positive, team-first attitude. You should be a person people love to work with; someone who improves both the process and the results.
What You Will Do
- Write compelling, brand-right copy for marketing and transactional emails, social media posts, paid advertisements, blog posts, and the Section4 website
- Translate creative briefs into persuasive and engaging copy
- Manage multiple projects with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Quickly develop a deep understanding of the Section4 brand and tone of voice, then develop an ability to craft effective copy in said voice
- Be borderline obsessive when it comes to self-editing for tone, grammar, and spelling
- Partner with cross-functional teams to produce high-quality content that meets brand and business priorities
- Conceive, write and edit longer form narrative promotional and brand-building emails
- Assist internal clients and collaborators with adherence to established style guides and ensure high editorial standards
- Be a thought partner with the Director of Marketing, our B2B sales team, our Email Marketing Manager, and our Paid Acquisition strategists to develop copy and content that increases engagement, builds our audience, or drives Sprint purchases
- Occasionally assist with concepts, copy and strategy for promotional paid and organic videos
Who You Are
- You have at least 5 years experience in a writing role for an agency or in-house creative team
- You have expertise in digital marketing copy best practicesYou have a strong portfolio that demonstrates conceptual and versatile copywriting
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple projects at once
- You can work independently but also collaboratively, and you’re a stickler for details and deadlines
- You work through multiple rounds efficiently and you think all the way through the experience, developing a solid foundation, tinkering, collecting feedback, and refining
- You present your work with confidence, can rally people around ideas and are skilled at selling through concepts to key stakeholders
- You have looked at Section4’s website, you understand our product, and you’re excited about being on the forefront of delivering expanded business education
- Bonus: You have written for an EdTech brand in an advertising capacity
Who we are:
At Section4, we believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. A diverse and inclusive team creates a better product.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We encourage candidates of underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Company – Section4
Website: https://www.section4.com/Click Here to Apply