Communications, Social Media, Marketing, Online Marketing, News & Journalism, Copywriting
Internews’ Earth Journalism Network aims to engage and support local journalists and media organizations around the globe to effectively produce and promote environmental content.
NOTE: Part-time position anticipated to start in mid-June 2020 and end in December 2020.Position may be based in Washington, D.C. or remotely, preferably within a U.S. time zone.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Support the EJN team by handling social media and other outreach. This would include posting links to stories and announcements on Twitter and Instagram, boosting announcements and ads on Twitter and Facebook, and helping to devise and implement ohter social media activities.
- Support the judging of grant applications.
- Monitor EJN’s progress and impacts by collecting data for EJN indicators and harvesting outcomes into stories or write ups for the website or newsletter.
- Help make and possibly manage payments to story grantees.
- Update the Earth Journalism Network Wikipedia page.
- Plan and manage logistics for events which may include, but are not limited to, visa application support, airfare and lodging requests, and liaising with team members to coordinate travel.
- Think of ideas for additional outreach in our coverage area, be it by connecting with other media organizations or finding networks through which to spread our opportunities.
- There may be further opportunities to get involved with various tasks depending on candidate’s skillset and preference.
- Understand and commit to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Strong background in social media management and communications.
- Work or educational experience in media, environmental issues or international development preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet and data analyses software also preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Editorial and/or copy-editing experience preferred.
Company – InternewsClick Here to Apply