Communications, Community, Internet & Ecommerce, Social Media, Writing, Online Content
To be discussed.
The Online Awareness & Community Engagement Manager position is responsible for managing Postpartum Progress Inc.’s (PPI) online platforms, including its blog and social media accounts. This individual must enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented.
The Online Awareness & Community Engagement Manager will increase awareness of maternal mental health and Postpartum Progress, and enhance the professionalism of our public image across a multitude of platforms. In addition, this individual will act as an Editor-in-Chief of our blog (PostpartumProgress.com) and our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube), developing a strategy that ties in to our audience messaging and organization-wide perinatal mood and anxiety disorder awareness goals, and consistently refreshing content to keep our community engaged.
This person will also analyze site metrics and campaign results and other institutional data and translate it into recommendations and plans for online enhancement and optimization. This requires staying abreast of online marketing best practices and making recommendations to optimize our growth, including crafting audience-driven site promotions, e-communications, and online advertising campaigns. The position reports to the CEO.
This is a part-time position. As a virtual employee, this person is not required to be located in Atlanta. This person must have use of a personal computer and internet access, and will be expected to work out of his or her home office. Postpartum Progress allows a flexible schedule within normal working hours.
Social Media Strategy and Implementation
* Nourish, grow and respond to online community conversations. Don’t just post: Engage.
* Develop and implement an integrated social media plan.
* Support Postpartum Progress programming online, such as Climb Out of the Darkness® and the Warrior Mom® Conference.
* Assist team with deep dives on traffic and engagement to understand how specific sources are driving growth and awareness.
Social Media Management
* Lead the daily responsiveness of and promotion of maternal mental health and PPI in the digital and social media world, including, but not limited to, the blog, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
* Work with internal team to establish metrics for success and use campaign performance and analytics to adjust social media strategy as necessary to achieve the greatest success. Deliver monthly metrics report.
* Create campaigns and promotions that will grow our social media following, community engagement and email database.
* Drive growth of our digital audiences by making our content as engaging and sharable as possible.
* Work to ensure that website content is encouraging stickiness to increase site visits, page depth and time on site.
* Identify and stay ahead of emerging trends in social media, games, mobile applications and other software and hardware technologies and its usage. When appropriate, assist to launch the PPI’s presence on the platform. Go where the community is going.
* Manage the Company’s global digital community in a professional manner that is innovative, responsive and empathetic.
* Identify and secure participation of a diverse group of contributors to
* Bachelor’s degree, 5+ years’ relevant experience
* Commitment to Postpartum Progress’ mission, values and strategic direction
* Passion for social media and online community.
* Ability to write clear and compelling copy, and create compelling visual content.
* Experience developing, executing and measuring campaigns and ongoing relationship‐deepening content across multiple channels (YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, blogs)
* Proficient in social media conventions and the varied nuances of content sharing and dialogue stimulation through Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
* Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively
* Independent self-starter with excellent problem-solving, data management, and analytical skills
* Demonstrate motional maturity and reliability
* A mastery of recycling, reusing and repackaging content
* Natural talent for identifying good images, layout and design, and the skill to know when a message is better conveyed through visuals than words
* Proven track record of meeting deadlines
* Superior internet and computer skills and ability to pick up new programs quickly; command of Microsoft Office programs, WordPress, Canva, and Google Analytics; ability to learn the basics of our email database
* Demonstrate cultural sensitivity and the ability to attract, organize and accommodate people of diverse abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, economic status, race, ethnicity and gender.
* As we are a peer-to-peer organization, personal experience with a perinatal mood or anxiety disorder is strongly preferred
How To Apply
Send your cover letter and resume, as well as a 1-2 page document that includes the following:
List all of the social media platforms you are on and the number of followers you have on each platform.
Share your biggest social media success. What platform was it on? What did you do; what was the project or campaign? What did you achieve? Share detailed metrics on that success. (For instance – You increased followers from x to x. You generated x retweets, repins, shares.)
List any and all social media management and measurement tools with which you are proficient (example: Hootsuite).
List which blogging platforms you have used and which visual content creation tools you have good solid experience with.
Your desired hourly employee rate.
These documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Postpartum Progress, 4920 Atlanta Highway #316, Alpharetta, GA 30004. Please, no phone calls.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply