Accounting & Finance, Nonprofit & Philanthropy
To be discussed
Teach For America × Chicago-Northwest Indiana is seeking a part-time employee to serve as the Manager of Fiscal Operations (temp, part-time) to join our dynamic team. The M, Fiscal Operations role provides foundational experiences and unique insights into managing finance operations that are critical to the success of any non-profit organization. The M, FO will play a critical support role in ensuring we are a fiscally compliant and responsible part of the Teach For America network. This role ensures our regional staff has greater transparency and equity around our financial resources and systems.
The Manager, Fiscal Operations will be a strong project manager who is excited by working behind-the-scenes to impact the overall staff experience. The ideal candidate is highly detail oriented, can manage lots of data and information successfully and feels comfortable working with numbers. The M, FO will report to the Director, Finance and Operations and while our team is based in Chicago, this person can be based remotely given the scope of the work.
We anticipate the Manager of Fiscal Operations working approximately 8-10 hours a week though pending work streams there may be weeks where there are more or less hours.
Teach For America’s mission is to enlist, develop, and mobilize as many as possible of our nation’s most promising future leaders to grow and strengthen the movement for educational equity and excellence. Teach For
America (TFA) is uniquely positioned to be a leader in this charge because of the diversity and leadership capacity of our people; our reach across all grade-levels, content areas, and school contexts; and the flexibility we have to innovate and iterate on our program. Specifically within the Chicago-Northwest Indiana region, our ever-expanding local network currently consists of nearly 2,600 alumni leaders across all sectors, including more than 1,600 TFA teachers (corps members and alumni), 90 school leaders, and 70 regional staff members. We in the
Chicago-Northwest Indiana region have set a clear mandate when it comes to bringing incredible talent onto our staff: we will build a strong and enduring organization with a thriving, inclusive and unified culture among a diverse staff of talented leaders for educational equity who are effective, culturally competent and committed for the long haul.
* Manage American Express reimbursement reporting process for the entire region which includes reviewing charges, reminding cardholders of submission deadlines, creating reports in WorkDay, coding expenses and following up with cardholders regarding any missed items
* Work with leaders of each functional team to create monthly budget reports to ensure teams are in compliance and on budget with their spending.
* Track and analyze financial expenditures and calculate monthly variances from the regional budget in order to forecast budget needs for the region and functional teams.
* Partner with Director, Finance & Operations to achieve the timely and efficient approval expense reports for all staff. Manage the expense approval process which includes reviewing expense reports, confirming correct coding and corresponding with staff when there is an error in an expense report until the report is reconciled.
* Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for vendor negotiations
* Additional special projects related to the Talent, Culture and Operations team, as needed
* Previous experience in finance or operations preferred
* Experience managing financial systems a plus. Experience in WorkDay and/or Clarity highly preferred
* Strong relationship builder who is able to build rapport quickly with a diverse group of individuals, particularly over email and phone
* Strong customer service skills with quick response times, strong written communication, and consistent follow through
* Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational and time management skills, including the ability to execute competing priorities with a spirit of flexibility and a positive outlook
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.)
* Comfortable working across hierarchical organizations with people at all levels
* Operates with high integrity, exceptional critical thinking, strong judgment and professional maturity; often interacts with confidential information and senior leaders
* Understanding of and desire to operate with Teach For America’s core values and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusivenessClick Here to Apply