Manager, Content Development
Full Job Description
Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
As Manager, Content Development, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of learning content across new and existing programs. The Manager will oversee a team of internal and external content developers, copy editors, video producers, and subject matter experts, lead a variety of projects through collaboration with cross-functional partners, and work closely with department leadership to develop a vision for future strategic initiatives.
The Manager will own the content development roadmap for the entire learning experience at Lambda School. He/she will help us take our learner experience to the next level by optimizing our content development processes to deliver the best learning content on the market. In addition to achieving operational excellence, this role will find innovative ways to enhance and optimize Lambda’s autonomous and blended learning experiences through technology-driven content production that scales.
This is a highly visible, internal-facing role that will report directly to the Director of Instructional Design. This role is responsible for ensuring operational effectiveness and content quality across our learning experience. The successful candidate will drive optimum learning operations efficiency, effectiveness, and scale. He/she will work closely with cross functional peers including instructional design, instruction, technology, product, job placement, and learner operations leaders to determine the needs of the school and its learners. This role is ideal for an experienced project manager with a passion for technical skills education who wants to join a fast-growing startup that’s unlocking human potential regardless of circumstance.
What you’ll do:
- Own roadmap of all learning content for Lambda school across all platforms and delivery methodsLead a team of content developers, technical writers, copy editors, video producers, LMS Admins, and subject matter experts
- Develop systems and processes for regularly gathering, analyzing, and implementing feedback on curricula and assessments based on key quality metrics that relate to the company’s broader strategic goals
- Operationalize and formalize ongoing content development processes, systems and tools, and documentation to ensure high quality content is delivered in the most effective and efficient manner possible
- Establish learning content standards and processes (e.g., content audits) that ensure content quality and availability in learning tools and own content quality metrics that relate to the company’s broader strategic goals
- Create mechanisms to identify operations issues early, and effective team practices for resolving them as quickly as possible
- Lead the design and development of processes that improve KPIs
- Work with operations team members to set project milestones, communicate status, and identify/address potential setbacks
- Analyze data to identify trends in operations performance to guide future improvement efforts
- Ensure effective stakeholder management through cross-team prioritization and review of operations tasks and projects
- Drive a culture of continuous learning, e.g., by running post-mortems on operational breakdowns
What you’ll have:
- 5-7+ years of experience working in content development and/or project management
- 3+ years of experience hiring, managing and developing successful teams
- Experience with multiple learning platforms (Canvas) and mediums; text-based, video-based and project-based learning
- Data-driven mindset, strong business judgment, and proven ability to perform relevant data analyses, draw key insights, and use data to form and execute a strategy
- Meticulous attention to detail and process-driven
- Excellent communication skills and comfort with public speaking
- Experience working cross functionally and at all levels of an organization as well as with external stakeholders
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, lead by example, and motivate teamsExperience working in a high-paced environment that iterates on weekly or monthly cycles rather than semester or annual cycles
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lambda School is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
Company – Red Lambda
Website: https://lambdaschool.com/red-lambdaClick Here to Apply