ALTA Language Services is the only 100% employee-owned company in our field. As employee owners, we work hard and go beyond words to perform each and every task with integrity and a passion to stay innovative. We’re a diverse group of smart, creative people who love their work and what we learn about other languages, countries, and cultures. We offer a flexible work environment headquartered in Atlanta (Buckhead) and competitive benefits, including healthcare and company stock.
ALTA participates in E-Verify.
About the Job
The Testing Evaluator position is a remote, on demand, part-time position. The Testing Evaluator assists with testing for language proficiency examinations, interacting with the examinee in the evaluator’s native language. Support for proficiency tests may be by telephone or another technology-based medium (recorded audio etc.). The tests will be evaluated according to given scoring criteria; therefore, paid training is conducted before starting the job. Testing evaluators must be able to accept and use the required scoring procedure and maintain consistent and reliable scoring throughout their employment. They must also be willing to operate in a repetitive task situation and maintain confidentiality.
- Perform the test in a professional manner
- Follow the process to perform the tasks
- Adhere to the guidelines to score the tests
- Enter the data on the testing platform in a timely manner
- Provide comments and concerns to the testing department
- Perform pilot tests
- Create and review test items
- Perform other similar duties requested by the Operations and Development Testing department
- Strong oral and written communication skills in the target language (target language appears in job title)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Technical communication
- Must have email access with the capability to send and receive attached files, and must be able to navigate the Internet
- Computer literacy
- Language: Candidates must possess native fluency in the target language (target language appears in job title).
- Degree: College Degree.
- Computer Knowledge: Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Language: A minimum English proficiency level of a 2+/2+ on the ILR proficiency scale.
Any combination of training and experience which provides required knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties of the position.
Company – ALTA Language Services