Full Job Description
Elite Daily is seeking a full-time Lifestyle Editor to help develop and oversee the site’s Experiences vertical. From the latest TikTok challenges to service-driven how-tos, the Experiences vertical brings readers the tools they need to live their best lives.
Like our millennial and Gen Z readership, applicants should have a deep passion for experiences over things, such as outdoor winter fitness activities you can safely do in your own backyard and Bridgerton-inspired home decor ideas. They should also be comfortable writing about and editing a wide variety of lifestyle topics, including Instagram captions, the current state of travel, personal narratives, and important projects from underrepresented groups. Coverage includes everything from how to bond with your long-distance best friends over the holidays to virtual events that celebrate & support BIPOC voices.
The ideal candidate is adaptable, creative, has a unique perspective, and possesses the ability to produce thoughtful, clean, authoritative, and engaging stories and headlines. They must also display an understanding of the Elite Daily voice, which is equal parts relatable, clever, inclusive, and fun. Experience in original reporting is a plus.
While we are based in New York City, remote candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Monitor assignments and traffic in the Experiences section, suggesting and implementing strategy adjustments where and when necessary
- Manage a small team of part-time writers, assigning, editing, updating, and occasionally writing daily lifestyle content
- Edit thoughtfully and accurately under tight deadlines
- Lead holiday brainstorming sessions alongside Senior Experiences Editor
- Help execute digital issues, as well as vertical-defining series and franchises
- A passion for experiences over things
- 3+ years experience assigning, writing, and editing features and/or news
- Familiarity with Elite Daily style and SEO best practices
- Proficient in writing in AP Style
- Experience analyzing content using GA, Chartbeat, and other analytics tools
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.
Company – Bustle
Website: https://www.bustle.com/Click Here to Apply