We are looking for transcribers who consider themselves perfectionists and are able to produce the absolute highest possible level of accuracy for our legal transcripts before they are used in court proceedings.
As a leader in providing transcription services to the legal industry, we are searching for individuals who have significant experience transcribing depositions and other legal audios.
To be successful in this opportunity, you should have prior verbatim transcription experience and be very familiar with legal terminology. We love working with transcribers who have experience with depositions, hearings, phone calls, conferences, meetings, and other proceedings.
You should also be committed to being available for work on a consistent basis. We find those happiest with contracting complete 60+ minutes of work each day Monday through Friday.
Note: Due to COVID-19, there has been a temporary reduction in orders available, however, we expect to see a great surge as more and more courts begin reopening. It’s possible that when you are first activated there may be limited orders available to you but we expect that to only be temporary. Applying and going through assessment now is the best way to get your foot in the door and ensure you are ready to hit the ground running when the expected influx of orders occurs.
BENEFITS OF INDEPENDENT CONTRACTING
- Work from home on your own schedule
- Work as many hours as you want
- Grow your business at your own pace
- Be able to spend more time at home
- No commute or dress code!
POSITION REQUIREMENTS THE NITTY GRITTY
You must be an American citizen residing in the USA*
*Note: Due to legal restrictions, we are unable to contract with residents of California and Massachusetts.
- You must be able to pass a full criminal background
- You must have stellar grammar skills
- You must be able to type 75 WPM (or be a stenographer)
- Previous court reporting, scoping, or legal transcription experience required. Court reporting students will also be considered.
- Be able to produce a transcript that is 100% accurate
- Be able to meet posted deadlines
- You must be able to decipher audio recordings, find applicable information from job sheets, and navigate our template; all while maintaining quality requirements.
- Be an effective communicator through email
- Have or be willing to purchase noise canceling headphones, and an Infinity foot pedal and an available USB port for your foot pedal.
- Work on a PC with Microsoft Windows 10,
- Work with Word 2013 or 2016 (Locally installed 32-bit versions ONLY; No Starter Editions).
- Have an antivirus program with daily virus definition updates (Except Webroot antivirus).
- High-speed internet connection (DSL or cable modem only). No Satellite.
- Submit your resume and application.
- Complete an assessment process to demonstrate your transcription and proofreading skills
- Start completing work and getting $$$
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION Net Transcripts specializes in the verbatim transcription of multi-speaker recordings involving two or more persons. The recordings we transcribe include interviews, interrogations, witness statements, phone conversations, administrative hearings and more. These recordings are often confidential or sensitive in nature and need to be returned reliably and accurately. If you value innovation, hard work and fun as much as we do, we invite you to join our team!
Company – Net transcripts
Website – https://www.nettranscripts.com/