Pay: $15.70 – $19.57 an hour
Full Job Description
The Town of Ashland (12.9 sq. mi., pop. 16,593), a dynamic, thriving community in Metrowest Boston, is seeking qualified applicants for the TEMPORARY position of Learning Assistant for Remote Learners. Reporting to the Recreation Director, positive and caring Learning Assistant for Remote Learners will help students with virtual learning at the Ashland Community Center. The primary duty will be to supervise the students and provide learning support and guidance. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise students in various settings including classrooms, playgrounds, and drop-off/pick-up;
- Work with Recreation staff to foster a positive and collaborative learning environment where the unique needs of all students are met;
- Arrange educational activities outside the classroom and supervise the students during breaks and mealtime;
- Ensure the classroom environment meets standards for safety and cleanliness.
Strong communication skills are required to interact with colleagues, parents and students. The ideal candidate will be understanding and attentive to student needs, and have a passion for the education sector. Other requirements include:
- High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified;
- Previous experience working with children;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures;
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures;
- Ability to provide activities for children that encourage healthy growth;
- Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for children with an understanding, open and loving attitude and a strong desire to make a difference;
- General computer and math skills.
Hours available: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM Monday/Tuesday and/or Thursday/Friday
Salary range is $15.70 – $19.57 per hour based on experience and qualifications. Benefits will be available for positions working over 20 hours per week. Cover letter and resumes may be sent by mail to: Human Resources Department, 101 Main St., Ashland, MA 01721. Full details and application can be found at: www.ashlandmass.com. AA/EOE.
Company – Town of Ashland