Lead ALC Tester
Full Job Description
Job Description Summary WD USA:We have a need for a part-time Lead Assembler Language Computer (ALC) Tester to support the IRS Internal Management Domain in support of the legacy and legislative Financial Management Information System (FMIS), Legislative Changes (CARES Act), Passport and Private Debt Collectors (PDC) with interfaces to other Collection systems. The Lead ALC Tester will test and maintain ALC programs; review requirements and programming documents; attend coordination meetings; conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct; and write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, and reporting. The Tester will provide program, testing and debugging, as necessary, and produce test results in Endevor. These ALC systems and programs will access and interface with Database 2 (DB2) databases so the ALC Tester must be familiar with ALC calls to interface with other DB2 databases.
- Attend weekly development meetings and coordinate with the project team leads on the status of all development tasks and any risks/issues/impediments
- Review requirements and programming documents
- Translate and interpret functional requirements and assist in the development of technical documentation
- Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes
- Perform testing tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems tester
- Make revisions to program documentation applicable to the test results of program/system testing
- May lead or mentor other team members
Location of work is 100% remote from home, with occasional need to attend meetings at the IRS facility in New Carrollton, MD. The selected candidate must be flexible and available to attend virtual meetings or conference calls.
This is a part-time role averaging about 20 hours per week.
Project Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required; an additional four (4) years of related work experience can substitute for a degree
- At least eight (8) years of related experience required
- Experience with IBM ALC programming language in a z/OS environment
- Experience with IBM Job Control Language (JCL)
- Experience with IBM Database 2 (DB2)/Structured Query Language (SQL) development
- Experience with Endevor
- Ability to work with little oversight on a team with remote teammates
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent attention to detail capability
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Ability to perform complex tasks with minimal supervision and guidance
- Excellent time management, scheduling and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work well independently or in a team setting
- Preferred qualifications and experience include: experience with TSO, File Manager, ISPF, Endevor, and IBM utilities; experience with IRS systems including Automated Collection System, Integrated Collection System, Automated Lien System, FMIS, Passport, and PDC
Additional Requirements as per Contract:
- Candidates must meet requirements to obtain and maintain an IRS Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) clearance (active IRS Moderate Risk MBI clearance is a plus)
- Candidates must be a US Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident (Green Card status) for 3 years, and be Federal Tax compliant
Â Job Summary:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Systems testing lead activities for systems implementation and O&M software development projects.
- Perform analysis and review of system requirements, estimations, peer reviews, test data determination and preparation, designing test strategy and test cases, executing test cases and monitoring and control of overall test activities, UAT and Production support and provide testing status.
- Responsible for mentoring testing team members.
- Lead efforts in performing POC/research for new tools, making recommendations of such tools, and implementing upon management approval.
- Test preparation and test execution.
- Develop, maintain, and implement integration/system test strategy, test plans, test processes, test scenarios and test cases based on MAXIMUS’ CMMI standards.
- Identify and determine data for testing.
- Communicate with analysts and developers to understand/clarify requirements.
- Identify, report and manage defects in defect tracking system.
- Participate in level of effort estimates.
- Maintain project’s test documentation.
- Participate in reviews as per project’s scope.
- Work with external parties for interface testing.
- Mentor testers on the project and assist with complex testing SQL and or utilities needed for testing during white/gray box testing.
- Assist with development of functional automation scripts for regression testing.
- Assist with performance testing when required.
- Participate in UAT and Production support.
- Troubleshoot user reported production defects.
- Provide systems test results walkthroughs and assist in data prep and supports test case execution for UAT.
- Conduct demos/walkthroughs.
- Participate in project meetings and status reporting.
- Provide testing status reports per project requirements and provide input to the Project Plans and Processes.
- Identify and communicate risks to the Project team.
- Provide regular updates to the Project Manager.
- Provide technical information for Change Requests meetings.
- Participate in team meetings when necessary.
- Participate in QMSS activities to support Shared Services and CMMI (M&A and PPQA) functions.
- Participate in collection and review of quantitative data related to software testing and development activities for measurement and analysis.
- Participate in PPQA reviews and audits of project activities and work products to ensure compliance with documented plans, procedures and standards as required.
- Participate in tools selection process and make recommendation.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 7-9 years of related professional experience.
Project/Position Introduction (MAX 500 Characters): Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com. EEO Statement: EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Company – MAXIMUS
Website: https://maximus.com/Click Here to Apply