Bilingual, French, Spanish, Education & Training, K-12
To be discussed.
At Rosetta Stone, our mission is to deliver the best technology-based solutions for learning languages. Every day, our innovations help people improve their lives and make the world a better place.
We are always looking for individuals to write and edit content for use by learners of English, Spanish, French, and other languages. We are particularly interested in hearing from individuals who have experience creating language-learning content for special, industry-specific areas such as healthcare, hospitality, aviation, and informational technology. We also welcome inquiries from those with experience creating materials for the K-12 market.
You will work on a temporary, contract basis, and be paid according to the amount of work you complete. You must be tech-savvy and provide your own up-to-date computer and reliable internet connection. You will be able to work from anywhere and complete work on your own schedule, provided you are able to meet agreed-upon deadlines.
To be considered, you MUST:
* Possess native or near-native fluency in the target language(s)
Have at least two years’ experience teaching the target language(s) to non-native speakers
* Have experience creating e-learning/online content
* Hold a Bachelor’s degree in education, linguistics, target language, or closely related field
* Have experience using a straightforward web-based authoring tool (similar in complexity to PowerPoint)
* Be able to manage time effectively in order to complete lessons by agreed-upon deadlines
* Be flexible in your approach, as well as willing and able to quickly adapt in a dynamic, virtual work environment
* Hold a Master’s degree or doctorate in the target language, linguistics, education, TESOL or a closely related field
* Demonstrate ample professional curriculum development experience
* Have a strong working understanding of one or more language scales (e.g. CEFR, ACTFL, ILR)
* Have experience teaching or creating curriculum for a K-12 audience or for courses in industry-specific areas
Please send the following:
A cover letter that addresses the above requirements and desired qualifications and clearly indicates the language(s) for which you are qualified to write curriculum
Your résumé or curriculum vitae.
At Rosetta Stone we speak, learn, and interact differently, we embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.Click Here to Apply