Telephone Interpreter, Language Translation, LanguageLine
$11 – $25 per hour.
LanguageLine Solutions has a variety of pay programs based on your location, experience, language skills and whether you are an employee or an independent contractor. Your recruiter will discuss the pay plan during your initial conversation.
Interpreters can be paid by the hour or by the number of minutes interpreted per hour. This depends on your location, experience, skills and whether you work as an employee or an independent contractor.
Depending upon your location and position, payment is weekly, biweekly or monthly.
For your convenience, LanguageLine Solutions will pay you via direct deposit into your bank account. Your funds may be deposited in a checking or savings account, per your choosing!
If you work from home in the United States, you can receive a check in the mail. Canadian employees only receive checks in the mail. If you work in one of the global centers, all checks are deposited directly into your bank account.
LanguageLine Solutions was established in 1982 in Monterey, California to provide a more effective communication method for non-English speaking people. Today, LanguageLine Solutions has become the leading provider of face-to-face, over-the-phone and video conference interpreting and document translation services.
LanguageLine Solutions supports over 200 languages and offers around the clock service with locations throughout the United States, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Canada, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic and Costa Rica. LanguageLine Solutions supports a telecommuting workforce; over 6,000 translators and interpreters currently work from their home offices creating a significant reduction in gasoline, emissions, electricity, paper and water use, and greenhouse gasses. LanguageLine Solutions hires part-time, full-time and telecommuting jobs in various fields.
- Render correct concepts and meanings according to the conventions of established interpretation protocol
- Provide clear and accurate renditions with no additions or omissions
- Employ good customer service and clear enunciation, pronunciation, pleasant and professional voice as well as polite forms of expression
- Follow client’s instructions, manage the flow of the call and avoid taking over the call, as well as avoid interaction with the Limited English Speaker (LES) without client’s permission
- Maintain a professional demeanor throughout the call at all times
- Have access to the Internet or work related electronic communication
- Answer the phone promptly and conduct calls in a friendly and professional manner
- Provide clarification and cultural brokering using excellent judgment and skill, following company guidelines as provided in reference materials and training sessions
- Demonstrate commitment to cultural sensitivity and working in a diverse environment
How To Apply
To start the application process, visit the LanguageLine Solutions Careers Page and select the country in which you reside. A list of available positions will pop up in a new window. Click on the job title to read the job description and apply.Click Here To Visit Careers Page And Apply