Online Teaching, K-12, Teaching, Education & Training, Chinese
K12 believes in Education for Any One. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the K12 Private Academy. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The vision of K12 Private Academy is to create a global community of students, teachers, parents, and mentors that is connected by technology and dedicated to developing the unique character and intellect of each student, thereby laying the foundation for his or her success in life. Join us!
The Mandarin Teacher is a highly qualified, state certified educator responsible for delivering specific course content in an online environment. Teachers provide instruction, support, and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students’ individual needs. Teachers monitor student progress through K12’s learning management system. They actively work closely with students and parents/Learning Coaches to advance each student’s learning toward established goals.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Learns the entire K12 curriculum for assigned grade levels and is able to demonstrate knowledge of how state standards align with it;
- Understands how both diverse and unique characteristics of students and their families impact required support;
- Augments course content according to prescribed policies and procedures using appropriate asynchronous and synchronous tools;
- Orients students to their course, communicates requirements, sets and enforces deadlines, maintains regular office hours and conducts instructional sessions;
- Takes ownership for student’s academic progress and attendance, communicates high expectations and shows an active interest in student’s achievement, establishes and maintains a positive rapport with families, conducts conferences with students and parents (or other responsible adults), provides individualized instruction to help each students achieve K12 curricular objectives;
- Supports parents with student curricular and instructional issues, balances the flexibility of the K12 curriculum with Private Academy’s policies and procedures;
- Supports summer programming;
- Grades student work and maintains grade book, alerts administrators to concerns about student performance and progress, maintains regular contact with students and families via the Virtual Classroom Environment;
- Is available to students and parents during traditional school hours, maintaining flexibility for needs of students in different time zones;
Other Duties and Responsibilities: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required; other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborates with peers in order to provide a positive experience for students;
- Builds community by contributing to school message boards, newsletters and events;
- Participates in online meetings and trainings as scheduled;
- Maintains records regarding students in accordance with school policy and state requirements; prepares reports regarding students and classroom matters as directed;
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing
- Integrity/Ethics: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and
- Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Do you strive to deliver excellent instruction, support, and guidance to students? Are you driven to focus on students’ individual needs? Do you excel at managing the learning process?
If selected, you will participate in a year-long, comprehensive new teacher training and induction program that includes learning about K12 resources, our culture and how to work on our platforms. This program provides an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. You will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12’s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child’s learning.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree AND
- Three (3) years of experience teaching high school and/or middle school
Certificates and Licenses: Appropriate state certification and highly-qualified teacher status in area of instruction where applicable.
Other Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills emphasizing tact, patience and courtesy; ability to establish a professional, effective rapport with students
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook as well as Internet research methods and report writing techniques; Utilizes computer software associated with curriculum
- Able to adapt learning plans to meet different needs and learning styles; create an instructional and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Demonstrates the use of good judgment in decision-making
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Customer service orientation
- Understanding of applicable sections of the State Education Code and other pertinent regulations
- Ability to pass required background check
- Master’s Degree or other advanced degrees/certifications
- Experience in online school environment
- Experience in private school environment
- Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
- Ability to learn new technologies and tools
- Proficient in principles, theories, practices, methods and techniques used in curriculum development and classroom instruction for special needs students
Essential Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working with Fingers: Ability to type, sort through pages/papers, or otherwise work with fingers (including thumb) and palm frequently each day.
- Repetitive Motion: Ability to move wrists, hands, and/or fingers such as in typing frequently each day.
- Sitting: Ability to sit much of the day.
- Visual: Ability to see and read PC screens, and normal type size print.
- Hearing: Ability to answer/route telephone calls, and understand what clients and co-workers are saying in normal conversation.
Essential Mental Requirements: The mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comprehension: Ability to understand problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solution
- Organization: Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules of self and others on short- and long-term basis.
- Reasoning/Decision-Making: Ability to apply common sense in performing jo Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on students and thus the credibility, operations and services of the school.
- Communication: Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guideline Ability to complete routine forms, use existing form letters and/or conduct routine oral communication. Ability to compose letters, outlines, memoranda, and basic reports and/or to orally communicate technical information. Ability to communicate with individuals utilizing a telephone and computer; requires ability to hear and speak effectively on the phone. Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately, expediently and at sufficient volume. Ability to make presentations/speak before groups. Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports, work-related manuals, publications of limited scope or impact, etc.
Required Computer and Other Equipment/Device Skills:
- Computers/Peripherals/Other Office Machines: Computer
- Computer Software: Electronic Mail Software (Microsoft Outlook preferred); Spreadsheet and Word Processing Software, (Microsoft Excel and Word preferred); Web proficiency.
- Other Tools/Devices/Machines (including Vehicles): No other tools, devices or machines are required in order to perform the essential functions of the position.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a remote, home-based position.
Company – K12
Website – https://www.k12.com/