Pay: $15 an hour
Full Job Description
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT OCHIN!
OCHIN is dedicated to creating a healthier future in every community. Our Health IT solutions improve the integration and delivery of health care services across a wide variety of practices—with an emphasis on safety net clinics and small practices.
Here at OCHIN, our goal is simple: to provide solutions that promote access to quality, affordable health care for all. OCHIN believes that each individual, no matter their background or zip code, should have fair opportunity to achieve their full health potential. Our work addresses differences in health that are systemic, avoidable, and unjust. This mission sets us apart from other health technology organizations.
Over the last 20 years, we’ve grown from a small start-up to one of the nation’s largest and most successful Health Information Networks. We are curious, collaborative learners who strive to live our values everyday: leadership, collaboration, excellence, innovation, inclusion and stewardship. At OCHIN we partner, learn, innovate, and advocate in order to close the gap in health for individuals and communities negatively impacted by structural, unconscious, or overt inequities.
We have two excellent part-time paid internship opportunities available for current college students who are majoring in Computer Science or a related information technology field of study. This opportunity will allow the IT Intern to experience OCHIN’s IT department by working on various IT related projects.
This is a temporary position working 30-40 hours per week ideally starting in February, the duration will be for 4-5 months. Work schedule is 5:00am-1:00pm Pacific time. This is an hourly paid position at $15 per hour for undergrad students and $16/hour for graduate students.
Training will be provided by OCHIN.
- Mobile Device Management.
- Telephone end user technical support in English and Spanish or Mandarin in a call center environment.
- Mobile Device Configuration.
- Must be currently enrolled as a student in an accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s program.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without restriction.
- Ability to work independently, think analytically and make sound judgments.
- Experience working with IT, customer support or technical support.
- A great attitude and willingness to learn.
- Demonstrated reliability.
- Minimum 1 year of Customer service experience.
- Bilingual is required (English/Mandarin or English/Spanish).
- Strong interest in healthcare and technical tools.
- Interest in IT processes and supporting end users remotely.
Work Location and Travel Requirements
- This position is 100% remote. Work from home requirements are:
- Ability to work independently and efficiently from a home office environment.
- High Speed Internet Service.
Equal Opportunity Statement
OCHIN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills for the benefit of our staff, our mission, and the communities we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, OCHIN, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital or civil union status, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristics. All aspects of employment are based on merit, performance, and business needs.
Company – OCHIN