Inventory Research Analyst
Full Job Description
If you’re looking to be at the forefront of disrupting the ecommerce industry, wanting to make your mark and be c ontinuously challenged to grow, your time has come.
ShipBob is recognized as #1 on Crain’s 2020 “Fast 50” list of the fastest-growing companies in Chicago & Built In’s best mid-sized companies to work for in Chicago. With this growth, we are looking for top talent t o help us reach the next level.
We are hiring an inventory research analyst to help conduct deep dives into inventory movements at our 20+ global locations. This position will use their understanding of our processes, systems, and data to help our on site teams locate misplaced inventory. In addition, this analyst will use data to identify the potential for operational improvements and work with our inventory control and operations teams to implement these improvements. As ShipBob continues to grow, it is imperative to provide a great experience in serving our clients’ needs while maintaining sustainable growth and scalability from a n operations perspective.
We are looking for a self-starter, driven individual that is not afraid to dig deep into the details and comfortable working at all levels within our organization. Every day at ShipBob is full of unique challenges, and we are looking for a scrappy, dedicated leader to join our team.
ShipBob is a tech enabled 3PL that partners with over 5,200+ e-commerce businesses to help them be more successful online. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
ShipBob’s growing fulfillment network is powered by our proprietary technology and acts as a back office for logistics, providing merchants with full visibility into orders, inventory levels in real time, and access to advanced analytics, over 27 integrations a nd data reporting.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $130M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and
SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry. To help us meet this standard, we are scaling our entire team and looking for people who share our core v alues and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
At ShipBob, we’re l ooking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that p assion every day.
- Be Humble . We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
What you’ll do:
- Review large inventory adjustments, collaborating with inventory control on-site leadership to determine root causes.
- Work directly with ICQA Manager and Director of ICQA to identify operational gaps and create action plans to prevent inventory loss or misplacement.
- Determine how to process inventory that is found within a facility and work with client facing teams to handle communications.
- Build an annual inventory audit process to satisfy financial reporting requirements from our merchants.
- Monitor shrinkage ratios and perform detailed analysis to find operational improvements to improve metrics.
- Assist ICQA teams and help reconcile large pick exceptions or inventory variances.
- Resolve merchant facing requests around inventory related issues.
- Responsible for weekly and monthly reporting to senior leadership of the Inventory Adjustments of both Core FC site as well as SFN partners.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrates the ability to quickly adapt to changing conditions and solve problems in a timely fashion
- Ability to determine root causes around merchant inventory discrepancies while working remote from the FC.
- Possesses effective written and verbal communication skills; displays reading comprehension skills.
- Displays the ability to multitask and handle multiple issues at the same time without stress
- Displays attention to details
- Understanding of cycle counts and inventory control processes according to written SOP’s
- Understand fulfillment processes within the FC operations.
- Ensure inventory variances are researched and resolved in a timely manner, allowing fulfillment of outbound orders.
- Ensure timely communications to ICQA M gr for any orders not able to be fulfilled due inventory discrepancies.
- Prepare standardized and ad hoc reports t o support key ICQA Metrics across the fulfillment network.
- Located within driving distance of one of our fulfillment centers is a plus.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Basic Life Insurance
- Variety of voluntary benefits, such as, short term disability.
- Competitive Salary, Performance Bonus & Stock Options
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>> Check us out on Instagram
Reports to: ICQA Manager
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Company – LOLA
Website: https://www.shipbob.com/Click Here to Apply