- The required documents are listed below on the posting. Your application may not be considered if you do not attach the required documents.
- Draft applications are saved automatically and can be accessed through your candidate home account. Completed applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
- Please note, recruitment will close without notice when a hiring decision has been made.
If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact the Human Resources department at (702) 992-2320 or email@example.com.
Nevada State College (NSC) invites applications for an open pool of adjunct faculty courses in Leadership.
LDE 201 – Introduction to Leadership
LDE 210 – Leadership and Community Engagement
LDE 215 – Digital Collaboration and Social Change
LDE 360 – Leadership in Groups and Teams
LDE 365 – Project Leadership
LDE 370 – Innovation and Creative Problem Solving
LDE 373 – Women in Leadership
LDE 373 – Women in Leadership
LDE 499 – Special Topics in Leadership
Instructors will teach courses online and in-person at NSC.
Applications will be considered on an as needed basis determined by course availability.
Adjunct faculty members are compensated at the rate of $1,000 per credit hour.
About Nevada State College:
Founded in 2002, NSC is a four-year public college located on a developing 512-acre campus in the foothills of Henderson, Nevada (adjacent to Las Vegas). Our faculty and staff members enjoy the rare opportunity to mold the college as it continues to grow into a cornerstone of higher education in Southern Nevada. NSC emphasizes high-quality instruction, exemplary student support, evidence-based practices, and innovation as a means to more efficient, effective outcomes in all departments across campus.
NSC serves over 5,000 students who are highly diverse and largely underserveda majority of our students are first generation, racial/ethnic minorities, parents, and/or returning students. We seek applicants who are passionate about working with this promising student population and collaborating with faculty and staff across departments to make a lasting impact in developing our young institution.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
At Nevada State College, we celebrate the storied backgrounds of our campus community. We operate with a shared commitment to represent and serve the diverse population of Nevada and to encourage the exchange of ideas that respects and honors the lived experiences of our students, staff, and faculty. We foster a culture of inclusive excellence so our members can live authentically, fully engage, and flourish. In order to strengthen the college and progress its mission, the college dedicates itself to intentional and ongoing reflection to meeting the evolving needs of NSC, the surrounding communities, and the State of Nevada.
Throughout your application materials, we encourage you to highlight your background in fostering an inclusive campus culture and supporting the success of students who are historically underrepresented in higher education. For example, your efforts might include contributions in the areas of teaching, mentoring, advising, research, and/or institutional service.
- Master’s degree (or higher) in Leadership or closely-related field.
- Evidence of a strong commitment to teaching, educational excellence, and mentoring undergraduate students.
- Ph.D. in Leadership or closely-related field.
- Demonstrated commitment to active learning and innovative teaching.
- Previous teaching or training experience
- Previous experience teaching social justice principles/concepts
Special Instructions for Internal NSHE Applicants
NSC employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE, UNLV, UNR, NSC, CSN, TMCC, WNC, GBC, or DRI) MUST use the Find Jobs process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at NSC and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type “Find Jobs” in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site.
If you complete an application outside of the internal application process, your application will be returned and you will have to reapply as an internal applicant which may delay your application.
Please upload the following documents:
- Detailed resume/CV listing relevant qualifications and experience;
- Cover Letter indicating why you are a good fit for the position and Nevada State College;
- Names and contact information of three references (you will be notified before references are contacted).
Applications that do not include the required uploaded documents may not be considered.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications in their cover letter. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
References will be contacted at the appropriate phase of the recruitment process.
This position may require a criminal background check to be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Nevada State College does not currently sponsor Visas, all applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Nevada State College
Company – Nevada State College