Impact Automation is a fast-growing company which supplies industrial equipment to the E-Commerce market. When you click “buy-it-now,” Impact Automation technology is used to bring packages and parcels from the warehouse to your door.
We are looking for smart, hard-working folks who want to shine in a small company environment. At Impact, we all wear lots of hats, work together, and count on each other. Candidates must have technical skills and will be expected to contribute right away.
We have full-time and part-time positions available in our Columbia office, some of which are perfect for students/second jobs/semi-retired. We also have positions which require travel with plenty of potential to earn overtime pay. A competitive benefit package is available for full time employees.
Are you ready to make an Impact – with your career, with our company, in your world? If so, please apply today!
The Installation Manager will lead a team of 4-5 people for Impact’s installation of conveyor systems in distribution centers and hubs throughout North America. This position requires 100% travel so the Installation Manager can be based remotely. Candidate must be willing to work 10 hours per day, six days per week. Must be willing to be away from home for two or three week stretches of time. Must pass a background check and drug test. Ideal candidate will have prior experience supervising subcontracted labor.
- Accountable for the entire installation (mechanical and electrical) related to onsite activities, schedule, and budget at customer sites throughout North America.
- Attends on site meetings with customer when necessary to coordinate any special situations related to work schedules, badge issues, staging and storage of equipment and tools, break room and restroom usage, and any other issues.
- Review install details for each job with the team before installation begins
- Effectively communicates and sets expectations daily
- Take an active role in controlling on the job expenses
- Manage subcontractors and monitor their workmanship and expenses
- Monitor quality control to assure we are providing quality workmanship
- Monitor productivity, address unsafe or sub-standard job performance in a timely and consistent manner, identifying overruns and risks early on.
- Assist with commissioning and training as needed.
- Deal effectively and timely with customer issues and or concerns
- Provide management with activity reports
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- 5 years of industrial installation experience required
- 2-3 years of experience at the supervisory or management level
- High school diploma or GED
Must be able to:
- Read and interpret drawings
- Layout and install ceiling support header/hanger steel efficiently
- Install platforms using most effective methods
- Review, order, and install building air to designated drops per the Engineered drawings
- Use Microsoft Office applications, the internet, and video conferencing programs effectively
- Operate forklifts, scissor lifts, and boom lifts.
- Patience in stressful environments
- Ability to effectively manage tight project schedules
- Experience planning and estimating time for installation-related activities
- Innovative approaches to improving standard processes
- Experience supervising 5+ people directly on any given project
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently
- Ability to use experience to appropriately apply the established standards
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a team
- Previous customer service experience
All candidates must be able to climb ladders and lift 70 lb boxes. A track record of success is required – advanced degrees are not. The successful candidate will be required to provide documentation demonstrating the right to work in the United States upon hire and subject to the E-Verify program.
Company – Impact Automation Inc