Tutoring, Sociology, Teaching
Achieve is seeking an Online Humanities/Social Sciences Instructor to instruct and tutor college students to sit for standardized examinations. Classes run for 5-10 weeks, then repeat. A Powerpoint presentation, syllabus and study guide is provided; no grading or reviewing of papers needed!
- Bachelor’s degree (Psychology, Sociology, Ethics) from an accredited institution
- Humanities or Social Sciences Subject Matter Expertise
- Three years or more of classroom teaching experience with one year of online teaching experience desired but not required. Willing to train the right candidate.
- Experience with Adobe Connect and Moodle is a plus
- Adapt training delivery, in real-time, to meet differing experience levels of participants
- Actively seek evidence of audience engagement, comprehension and provides coaching as necessary
- Track student progress and help students stay on pace to take the examination within 30 days of the class end date
- Schedule: Each class is 3 hours per week for instruction and 2 hours for individual tutoring; availability to teach classes on Mondays and Fridays 7:30 pm – 10:30 pm ET, Wednesdays from 8:30 pm – 11:30 pm ET and Saturdays 10 am – 1 pm ET.
- Location: Home-based USA
To be considered for this position you MUST apply for the job directly through the Achieve website (3rd party applications will not be accepted) AND answer all pre-screener questions. Failure to comply with both will result in immediate rejection.
Note: At Achieve, as common for companies with a remote workforce, all remote employees are required to use software such as Hubstaff for time tracking, and Ring Central and Skype for work communication, which may require a software download.
Why Work for Achieve Test Prep?
Achieve helps working college students assess their ability to earn college credits using the credit-by-exam process. For those who are not exam-ready, Achieve provides online exam prep courses and 1:1 tutoring, facilitated by seasoned instructors, to increase students’ likelihood of earning college credits via credit-by-exam.
Our purpose is to increase the number of working college students that graduate and do so in a way that protects students’ financial health.
Employee engagement and development is one of the keys to our success at Achieve! We believe our employees empower our company and are the reason for our success. Embracing a work-from-home model for the entire company, all employees enjoy a better work-life balance through flexible work schedules. We offer on-the-job training and career advancement opportunities. Does Achieve sound like the place for you?
Company – Achieve Test Prep