Your Other Half is a human resources and operations firm that helps small businesses grow. We partner with business owners to create happy, profit-generating teams through effective human resources and people operations practices.
We are a young, entrepreneurial, creative team of five, looking for someone who loves recruiting, human resources process management, and client communications to join our team and serve our clients.
About the Human Resources Associate Position
The Human Resources Associate will work with the CEO and Human Resources Project Manager to provide human resources services to small business clients across the US.
The Human Resources Associate will be responsible for:
* Full-cycle recruiting, including:
– Writing, editing and posting job descriptions, as well as recommending posting places;
– Reviewing candidate submissions for open recruits; and
– Performing phone screens for candidates for open recruits;
– Managing candidate flow and communications, including temperature-checks and rejections.
* Drafting, updating and editing Human Resources documents, such as job descriptions or postings, employment agreements, employee handbooks, and organizational charts;
* Preparing, sending and reviewing Human Resources on-boarding and hiring documents, using web-based software;
* Maintaining digital Human Resources files on behalf of our clients, in accordance with Human Resources best practices and applicable laws;
* Managing the benefits quoting process with insurance brokers, payroll companies and PEOs, including gathering census data and required documents;
* Preparing and processing payroll, using web-based software;
* Managing Human Resources data, including client HRIS systems, as well as Human Resources calendars, spreadsheets and timelines;
* Managing distribution and recording of required data, such as sending annual notices and recording employees’ receipts;
* Liaising with internal staff and clients to manage client Human Resources needs pro-actively and professionally; and
* Time permitting, contributing to the research and writing for web-based Human Resources products.
Position type: This a temporary, part-time position, approximately 10-20 hours per week, from July 1-September 30. If the candidate is successful in the temporary position, a full-time position may be offered at the completion of the temporary position, but this is not guaranteed.
Start date: Immediate (no later than July 15)
Position compensation: $16-19 per hour, commensurate with industry standards and experience.
Position Location: This is a remote position, but employee must be based in the U.S.
Number of positions available: 1
Reports to: CEO
About You, the Candidate
A strong candidate will be:
* A current or former Recruiter, Human Resources Specialist, Generalist or Manager, Operations Manager or Office Manager with at least three (3) years of demonstrated experience in a small business setting (ideally in a company with 50 or fewer employees);
* Experienced in the workplace, having worked in at least two office settings previously;
* SUPER detail-oriented, with the ability to ensure accuracy and high quality across multiple responsibilities;
* Someone who delights in highly repetitive but still high-concentration work;
* Comfortable managing multiple responsibilities at once, and prioritizing amongst them with ease;
* Calm under pressure and unflappable in the face of timely or urgent requests;
* A team player, with a positive, optimistic attitude, and the ability to recognize and celebrate wins of all sizes;
* Highly self-motivated with the ability to take initiative without direct supervision;
* Able to not only do the work, but also think about how it could be better and more efficient;
* Confident to make recommendations and push back when changes are needed in workflows or systems;
* Ability to learn new things quickly, especially web-based softwares and apps;
* Able to provide clear information in a timely way to support internal or client decisions;
* Able to quickly and naturally draft correspondence, and have a demonstrated ability to write and edit adeptly;
* Able typing at least 60 words per minute, and possess strong working knowledge of Google/G Suite;
* An openness to constructive, supportive feedback and a commitment to consistently improve; and
* Someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate will:
* Be a superb communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
* Possess a strong working knowledge of Human Resources law, statutes and practice in at least one of the following states: New York, New Jersey or California;
* Possess a strong working knowledge of federal Human Resources law, statutes and practice;
* Hold a Human Resources Certification (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SPHR) or Degree;
* Be experienced in an entrepreneurial environment, preferably within the first five years of a company;
* Be experienced in working for multiple bosses or projects at one time;
* Be experienced with online tools including at least three of the following: Asana, Toggl, Tallie, Bill.com, Docusign, Echosign, RingCentral, UberConference, HRIS systems, BambooHR, web-based payroll systems, PEO software, Google Hangouts and Zoom; and
* Be experienced in a Mac environment.
Why work at Your Other Half?
* 100% remote (we believe in trust and self-management)
* Set your own schedule (we have a team call weekdays at 11 AM, and ask that all our employees be responsive on Slack from 9 AM-6 PM ET; other than that, you set a schedule for yourself as agreed with the CEO)
* We are committed to our team’s professional development, and have team-lead professional development sessions twice per month.
* We have fun in our work every day, celebrate wins often, and view failure as an opportunity to grow better together.
* If successful in this role, you may have an opportunity for a full-time role at our company, which provides the additional benefits of:
– Unlimited paid time off
– Paid holidays
– Full-time schedule of 25-35 hours per week (also self-set)
– Medical, dental and vision benefits
– Annual professional development fund, to earn education, certifications or skills for your growth.
How to apply
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond personally to every applicant. Your Other Half, LLC carefully reviews each application within one month of application receipt. If you do not hear from us within this time, we encourage you to apply again for another position in the future, and thank you for your interest in YOH.
Location: US Locations Only