Human Resources Assistant
Pay: $47,895 – $62,266 a year
Full Job Description
- Job family (Series)0203 Human Resources AssistanceSimilar jobs
- Human Resources Specialists
- Specialists, Human Resources
- RequirementsRequirementsConditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program
- See “Other Information” section regarding Selective Service requirements
A qualified candidate’s online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as: One year of GS-06 level experience processing personnel actions with nature of actions and legal authorities related to appointments, pay actions, conversions, and separations, as well as determining appropriate codes for various other information (e.g. type of appointment, pay rate determinant, retirement coverage, tenure, etc); computing creditable service dates; uploading various employment related documents into eOPF in accordance with OPM requirements; and generating reports from personnel system to track employment dates to ensure appropriate actions are completed timely.Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write “see resume” in your application!
- Knowledge of, and skill in applying, an extensive body of HR rules, procedures, and operations sufficient to perform a wide variety of interrelated and/or non-standard HR support work.
- Knowledge of current HR database systems to query, retrieve, and analyze information in order to complete assignments.
- Knowledge of Federal employment practices and procedures, including merit promotion and internal placement procedures, delegated examining, and special employment programs including student programs, veterans’ appointments and other competitive and excepted service appointment.
Time-in-Grade: Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement to receive consideration.
CTAP/ICTAP candidates: To be considered “well qualified” you must meet all of the requirements as described in this section.
You must meetallqualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.EducationFor this position, education cannot be substituted for experience.
If this vacancy specifically states that certain educational requirements must be met (also known as a “positive educational requirement”), you must provide documentation supporting any education claims in your application. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.Additional information
- This announcement is limited to 75 applicants. The announcement will close at midnight on the day the 75th applications is received.
- New employees to the Department of Energy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check.
- More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
- Some positions may require completion of a probationary period of up to 1 (one) year.
- All males born after December 31, 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page,Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don’t have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
- If selected for this position, your appointment is contingent upon completion of OF-306, Declaration for Federal Employment, during the pre-employment process.
- If selected, you will be required to complete a questionnaire and are subject to a criminal background check to determine suitability for Federal employment before appointment.
- The selectee for this position may be eligible to receive a recruitment or relocation incentive. You will need to sign an employment agreement to be eligible for this incentive.
How You Will Be EvaluatedYou will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.The Department of Energy uses an application tracking system to evaluate the responses you provide in the applicant assessment questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications necessary for this position. Then, the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME) will conduct a quality review of your application and supporting documentation to determine if your qualifications meet the criteria for referral to the selecting official.
We will also verify that you are eligible for Merit Promotion positions by reviewing your previous Federal employment. If you are eligible to apply to Merit Promotion announcements based on Veteran or other non-competitive statuses, we will verify your supporting documentation prior to referral.
If you are eligible for career transition assistance plans such as ICTAP or CTAP, you must meet the definition of “well qualified” which is defined as having a score of 85 or better.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit all required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated ‘ineligible’, ‘not qualified’, or your score may be adjusted accordingly.
To preview questions please click here.
Background checks and security clearanceSecurity clearanceOtherDrug test requiredNoPosition sensitivity and riskNon-sensitive (NS)/Low RiskTrust determination processCredentialing, Suitability/Fitness
- Required DocumentsRequired DocumentsALL APPLICANTS: You must submit a resumesupporting your specialized experience and responses to the online questionnaire.
- Your resume should list all work experience (paid and unpaid); you should list the full name and address of the each employer.
- Your experience listing should show the start and end dates (include month, day, and year); you must also list the average number of hours per week that you worked.
- Your resume should also include any education and training you have completed (list the program title, subject area, number of hours completed, and completion date).
- For more information about what to include in your resume, please view this USAJOBS Resume Tutorial videoon YouTube.
- Most DOE offices will allow you to submit a resume in the format of your choice (as an attached document or as a USAJOBS Resume Builder format). However, some offices may require the USAJOBS resume format. You will be notified at the time you click ‘Apply Online’ which is required.
- It is important that you are complete and thorough in your resume. If any of the above information is not included in your resume, we may not be able to fully credit you for your experience.
- Full position title;
- appointment type;
- occupational series;
- pay plan, grade, and step;
- tenure code; and
- service computation date (SCD).
Veterans: veteran eligibility documentation(DD-214 Member #4 Copy, VA Letter, Standard Form (SF) 15 as applicable). ). Please note: If you are a veteran who has not yet been discharged, you may provide a statement of intent to discharge from your agency which will allow you to apply under the (Veterans Opportunity to Work) VOW to Hire Heroes Act of 2011.
Persons with Disabilities: Individuals with intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities may apply for appointment through the Schedule A hiring authority.Certified verification of a disabilityfrom a licensed medical professional; a licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist; or any Federal, state, or District of Columbia agency or U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits will be required.If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- BenefitsBenefitsA career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.Telework: www.telework.gov
Selective Service Registration: http://www.sss.gov/
The U.S. Department of Energy fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Review our benefitsEligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
- Individuals with disabilities
- Federal employees – Competitive serviceCurrent or former competitive service federal employees.
- Federal employees – Excepted serviceCurrent excepted service federal employees.
- Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)Federal employees who meet the definition of a “surplus” or “displaced” employee.
- Military spouses
- Peace Corps & AmeriCorps Vista
- Special authoritiesIndividuals eligible under a special authority not listed above, but defined in the federal hiring regulations.
Clarification from the agency
Special-Authorities-Those eligible under an interchange agreement
Company – usajobs.gov
Website: https://www.usajobs.gov/Click Here to Apply