Full Job Description
POSITION LOCATION:Durham, NC Campus
POSTING DATE:Tuesday, January 5, 2021
CLOSING DATE:Tuesday, January 19, 2021 5pm
POSITION TYPE:Temporary Part-time – estimated 20 hours/week, Nonexempt.
Anticipated appointment period: February 2021 – July 2021
Typical work schedule 5 hours/day M-F; after initial and periodic training, open to remote work arrangement.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Graduation from a four year college or university; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Preferred: 2 years of HR generalist experience.
Description of Duties:
This part-time temporary position will:
- Utilize Beacon (HR/Payroll System) to initiate and complete actions.
- Assist with processing and hiring temporary employees.
- Conduct employment verifications.
- Assist with BOBJ (Neogov) reporting.
- Initiate background checks for new hires and follow up to ensure completion.
- Assist with data analysis reports in Neogov, Beacon, Circa (recruitment vendor), or various other systems/sites and present results in a readable format.
- Update and maintain the HR website with policies/forms/information.
- Assist with outlining process workflows in preparation for opening of NCSSM-Morganton.
- General filing and administrative support.
- Audit position files, report on results, and follow up to ensure information is received to update the files.
- Various other HR related projects/duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience using Beacon and BOBJ reporting.
- Working knowledge of State HR systems and processes.
- Must be organized with the ability to multitask.
- Ability to record and compile information based on general guidelines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; to handle confidential matters with tact and discretion; and to express ideas clearly and concisely.
How to Apply:
Submit electronic application via: http://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/northcarolina/. Please create an account, search for the HR Assistant position, and submit the online application.
NCSSM is an EEO/eVerify/VEVRAA Employer
Company – North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics
Website: https://www.ncssm.edu/Click Here to Apply