Full Job Description
This position will primarily focus on supporting the Horse Show Services department, ensuring all horse show official’s needs are met, and assisting in the promotion of year-round equestrian sport.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of each official’s area prior to the show week.
- Complete scheduled deliveries of judge’s cards to the horse show secretary, as well as any requests for judge’s cards.
- Stock snack baskets and fridges at official’s areas.
- Packaging and delivery of official’s lunches.
- Stock drink coolers with water at each ring on a daily basis.
- Delivery of ice to drink coolers at each ring when needed.
- Stock COVID supplies at the ingate area of each ring.
- Disinfect judge’s booth and electronic scanners at the end of each show day.
- Collect, unpack, and disinfect official’s cooler bags at the end of each show day.
- Support/assist the Horse Show Services Manager during any down time.
- Completion of miscellaneous errands that are needed for officials or the Horse Show Office.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Demonstrates excellence in public relations and customer service
- Position requires a detail, quality oriented, and organized person.
- Must be able to work independently and remotely when necessary.
- Reliability and punctuality is a must.
- Ability to generate, share, and follow through on ideas to promote Tryon Resort and its amenities.
- Ability to provide stellar customer service.
- Ability to work well with other staff, vendors, sponsors, guests, and partners in a collaborative and professional environment.
Full and part time positions are available. Weekdays and weekends.
9:00 AM- 1:00 PM the day prior to the start of competition.
10:30 AM- End of Show on competition days.
Required Education and Experience: Preferred experience in equine facilities, equine competitions, equine services and supplies. Trainability and interest are more important than experience.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to perform tasks for long periods of time while standing and walking.
- Ability to lift items up to 20+ pounds.
- Ability to work year round at TIEC.
Description of Work Environment:
- This position will require the individual to work in a variety of locations on and off site, indoor and outdoor, and in a variety of weather conditions.
Company – Tryon Equestrian Properties LLCClick Here to Apply