Education & Training, K-12, Online Teaching, Teaching
Connections Education is a leading provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K–12. Since 2001, the company’s Connections Academy has delivered individualized learning to students through virtual public schools. In the 2014-15 school year, Connections Academy supports 29 virtual public schools in 25 states – serving more than 60,000 students. Connections Education delivers blended (online and on-site) learning in select states via Nexus Academy schools, while students worldwide seeking a private online school can attend International Connections Academy. The Connections Learning by Pearson division meets the needs of schools, school districts, and other institutions looking to develop and enhance their online learning programs. Connections Learning by Pearson delivers a full range of targeted digital learning solutions to the K–12 education community including online courses, a program for homebound students, a digital learning platform, and private and public online schools. Connections Education is based in Baltimore, Maryland and was named a 2014 “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun and a 2013 “Best Place to Work” by Baltimoremagazine. Regularly recognized for its outstanding curriculum and leadership, Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success. Connections Education is part of the global education company, Pearson.
Working primarily from your home, certified Teachers will “virtually” manage instructional programs. Through use of the telephone, Internet and various curriculum tools the Substitute Teacher will consult regularly with learning coaches and students to ensure that each child successfully completes his/her instructional program. The Substitute Teacher will support various CA schools during short term periods of teacher absences for up to but not limited to 6-8 weeks. This is a part-time position with no benefits. The duties include, but are not limited to:
* Complete all grading, create report cards and conduct parent conferences in a timely and manner
* Support the instructional program with asynchronous web conferencing sessions.
* Communicate with parents, students and other teachers on a regular basis to develop and update Personal Learning
* Plans and schedules, score assessments, provide feedback on student work, suggest instructional approaches and strategies, monitor completion of assignments and coach special projects.
* Work collaboratively with a team of teachers to ensure that all students on the team’s caseload are successfully progressing through the program that parents have a central point of contact, and that tasks are distributed evenly amongst the team members.
* Support students and parents with alternate strategies and provide additional assistance with daily assignments and projects.
* Communicate regularly with parents, students, and curriculum specialists through use of computer and telephone.
* Keep student records and data up-to-date, including cumulative files, online student and family information, attendance accounting, and logging all student and parent contacts.
* Work with Advisory Teachers and School counselor to ensure students and families are receiving appropriate communications, students are making adequate progress and established goals are being met.
Other duties as assigned.
* Valid teacher certification in Minnesota that remains active throughout employment
* Dual certification or certification in multiple states a plus
* Ability and willingness to get additional certifications as needed
* Background checks, including fingerprinting and drug testing as required by state assignment
* Bachelor’s degree or higher
* Multiple certifications a plus
* Must own a computer with high speed Internet access that meets Connections Academy’s minimum technology specifications, including Microsoft Office.
* During the time that Teacher is subbing, must be available Monday – Friday during normal business hours
* During the time that Teacher is not on assignment, must work at least 5 hours/month attending meetings, hosting mentoring office hours, or performing other tasks as requested by their manager
* Complete required orientation and training programs upon hire and at the beginning of each school year
* Attend training and/or meetings virtually throughout the school year
* Comply with all provisions of the Connections Education Work At-Home Policy
* Ability to work some occasional evening hours, as needed to support some families
* Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft OS and MS Office programs)
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Customer focused approach
* High degree of flexibility
* Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
* Team player track record
* Ability to work remotelyClick Here to Apply