College & University, Online Teaching, Teaching, Medical & Health, Health Administration
The Center for Excellence in Higher Education (CEHE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. CEHE operates degree-granting career colleges throughout the western United States and online. The college brands include Stevens-Henager Colleges in Utah and Idaho; CollegeAmerica in Colorado and Arizona; California College San Diego, and Independence University (online platform). All of the colleges are accredited by ACCSC, a national accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The colleges offer degree programs from the Associate’s level through the Master’s level in a variety of disciplines including Computer Science, Graphic Arts, Business/Accounting, Nursing, and Healthcare. CEHE is an at-will employer.
Duties include teaching the entire range of appropriate courses from beginning to advanced. Students in these classes are preparing for Associate and/or Bachelor degrees. Basic duties will involve instruction, tutoring, student advising, and some curriculum development. The instructor is responsible for the retention of students from the beginning to the end of the module.
- Conduct classes in accordance with established syllabi and lesson plans.
- Prepare, administer and grade assignments, quizzes and tests.
- Provide objective and subjective feedback regarding student performance.
- Maintain records of student attendance, grades, lab, and/or homework assignments.
- Advise students regarding academic matters to improve successful course completion.
- Conduct assigned courses that results in a high level of student satisfaction and course completion.
- Communicate pro-actively with campus administration regarding student issues.
- Ensure campus and college regulations and policies are known and followed.
- Maintain a healthy, secure, and safe classroom environment.
- Participate in scheduled faculty meetings and in services.
- Report Preparation.
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- A current working knowledge of all theory and practical applications for courses being taught.
- Communicate effectively verbally, in writing, and through appropriate electronic media.
- Work successfully in a team environment.
- Hold the appropriate degree for courses being taught, as stipulated by ACCSC.
- Additional specific requirements listed below where appropriate
Measures of Merit:
- TBD by supervisor within 90 days of hire.
This specification is intended to indicate management’s designation of the position’s essential functions, which include the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions given this title, and shall not be construed as declaring the entire description of specific duties and responsibilities of any particular positions. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing such duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. All positions, unless otherwise noted in an offer letter, are 40-hour a week positions, and regular and predictable job attendance is a requirement for all positions. Ability to competently perform all essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation; a demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery; and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or workgroup are basic requirements of all positions at CEHE. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Company – Independence University
Website – https://www.independence.edu/