Full Job Description
Title: Graphic Designer – Education non-profit volunteer opportunity
Estimated Hours/Week: 3 – 5 hours/week
Expected Commitment: 2+ months
About Pandemic Professors:
Pandemic Professors is a nonprofit organization that offers free tutoring and mentorship to underserved students in low-income communities. The service was created to bridge the education gap caused by e-learning and the pandemic.
We are spreading the word about our services and improving our communication to tutors and families that are already part of our community. We would like a designer to recreate our existing flyers, information sheets, and event marketing materials using our new style guide. Ideally, this individual could also produce ad-hoc documents at various teams’ requests and create their own based on our needs.
We are looking for several graphic designers — to design and produce these materials. We have a growing UX team with researchers, designers, and writers, so there is plenty of opportunity to increase your skills as a designer while also learning about other disciplines.
Our team is growing and are also looking for a more senior designer to act as a consultant. If you have past design experience in a professional capacity, we would also consider you for this leadership role.
We are a 100% volunteer- run organization and we do not have any paid positions.
- Create and produce additional materials to help us spread awareness about our services, fundraise to support our expansion, and better serve existing tutors and families.
- Create event marketing materials or social media marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Service designers, UX designers, and researchers as they conduct user research and adjust strategies as needed to establish a unified voice for our brand.
- Regularly use empathy, logic, and data to inform content choices and to advocate for the user
- Background in graphic design. Experience with UX Design is a plus.
- English, Creative Writing, Communications or experience with branding, content strategy, marketing, UX writing, or copywriting is a plus.
- Experience working with students and parents or experience tutoring
- Visual communication skills and an eye for design
- Passion for design and willingness to take on new projects
If you are interested, please apply directly here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSclAim-01fJDN9A0qzja1ZAoGC-GS8jo6lKLLGHvQiMixV1eA/viewform
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
All work is completely remote.
- Fully Remote
Hours per week:
- Less than 10
- Draft mockups of website designs, brochures, iconography, and any other marketing materials required
- Collaborate with marketing teams and management to discuss which mockups are effective, and use their feedback to develop final drafts
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
Company – pandemicprofessors
Website: https://pandemicprofessors.org/Click Here to Apply