The Center for Excellence in Higher Education (CEHE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. CEHE operates degree-granting career colleges throughout the western United States and online. The college brands include Stevens-Henager Colleges in Utah and Idaho; CollegeAmerica in Colorado, Arizona, and Wyoming; California College San Diego, and Independence University (online platform). All of the colleges are accredited by ACCSC, a national accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The colleges offer degree programs from the Associate’s level through the Master’s level in a variety of disciplines including Computer Science, Graphic Arts, Business/Accounting, Medical Specialties, Nursing, and Healthcare. CEHE is an at-will employer.
Intern, Information Systems
The Business Analyst Intern will work within the Data Services department and will assist the Director of Data Services with various tasks and projects.
* Work with the Director of Data Services to analyze and interpret data to gain insights into correlations which show benefit to the company’s efforts in market demand for new students, factors of success in education, and aftermarket demand of our graduates.
* Create business reports using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Studio (SSRS), and other report tools as needed.
* Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
* Successfully completed the coursework for which they will be interning.
* Expert in Excel including pivot tables, regression analysis, and other algorithms as necessary
* Very proficient in analyzing data for trends or correlations.
* Very proficient in presenting data findings to different departments and have a full understanding of the data behind the reports and the impacts of what the data represents.
* An excellent communicator with a clean, professional appearance and communication style.
* Prefer some experience with Microsoft’s SQL Server and Reporting Services (SSRS)
* Regression Analysis
Measures of Merit:
* TBD by supervisor within 90 days of hire.
This specification is intended to indicate management’s designation of the position’s essential functions, which include the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions given this title, and shall not be construed as declaring the entire description of specific duties and responsibilities of any particular positions. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing such duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. All positions, unless otherwise noted in an offer letter, are 40-hour a week positions, and regular and predictable job attendance is a requirement for all positions. Ability to competently perform all essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation; a demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery; and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or workgroup are basic requirements of all positions at CEHE. This job description is subject to change at any time.
We are People-Focused – We respect the intelligence and potential of each staff member. We provide a working environment that permits freedom to think, speak, disagree, innovate, create, and initiate. We value and admire ambitious and productive people, and we protect them, encourage them, and create a climate in which they flourish. We love, recognize, and reward producers and performers. In return, we require our employees to have a strong work ethic and be productive. We recruit broadly and select the highest caliber people available – ambitious, knowledgeable, and talented managers, instructors, admissions consultants, and administrators.
Sound Values and Virtues – The ethical conduct of our employees is of supreme importance. We hold the following as values and virtues: rationality, purpose, innovation, productiveness, profit, honesty, integrity, justice, and pride. These values are the core of our ethical code. To be ethical means to apply, to work by, and to live by these values and virtues.
CREDO – We are dedicated to helping our students graduate and get a much better job sooner. This is our mission. We pledge to provide the finest career education possible and to graduate satisfied students who have greater knowledge, skills, and self-esteem in the shortest possible time. Our education is high value, clear, and interesting and achieves the highest level of learning and achievement for students. We want to deliver twice as much in half the time.
CEHE is a drug-free environment and we perform drug testing.