Photoshop, Web Design, Graphics
The Center for Excellence in Higher Education (CEHE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. CEHE operates degree-granting career colleges throughout the western United States and online. The college brands include Stevens-Henager Colleges in Utah and Idaho; CollegeAmerica in Colorado, Arizona, and Wyoming; California College San Diego, and Independence University (online platform). All of the colleges are accredited by ACCSC, a national accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The colleges offer degree programs from the Associate’s level through the Master’s level in a variety of disciplines including Computer Science, Graphic Arts, Business/Accounting, Medical Specialties, Nursing, and Healthcare. CEHE is an at-will employer.
Graphic Design Intern
The Graphic Design intern will be for the term of six months and be responsible for creating materials to support the Stevens-Henager Online Resource Center website.
* Juggle, manage, and execute all aspects of many different projects simultaneously from initial team brainstorm meeting through creating final artwork for electronic production.
* Collaborate with and support our web design team.
* Keep track of work-flow and deadlines.
* Help in a secondary capacity with administrative details as assigned by the librarian/SHARC team leader.
* Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
* Currently working on AS or BS in Graphics Arts; successfully completed the coursework for which they will be interning.
* Strong portfolio exhibiting creative digital design work
* Ability to create new digital graphics (illustrations, icons, etc.) and help build our library of brand artwork
* Must have a strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
* Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs – Word and PowerPoint
* Must be strong in digital media and interactive design programs (Flash, After Effects and/or other motion graphics programs)
* Extremely detail-oriented, well-organized, great collaborator/team player
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Ability to articulate the rationale behind your design solutions to team members and school leaders
* Passion for creating beautiful designs, strong pride in the work you produce and an eagerness to learn and expand your design acumen to meet emerging technologies and communication trends