Reporting, Writing, Editing, Journalism
The Fourth Estate is launchng a news service and we are looking for a general assignment reporter to join us.
The successful candidate will be able to cover breaking news across all categories, including entertainment and sports, is desirable.
* Research, write and report multiple stories per week
* Break short wire service style stories and write and report with accuracy and skill under deadline pressure
* Conceptualize, develop and pursue original, standout exceptional enterprise journalism
* Ensure all reporting is factual and accurate and subscribes to our editorial standards and journalistic ideals.
* promote reporting across social media.
* Undergraduate degree. A journalism degree is not required
* Candidate should have at least two years experience covering and writing breaking news topics
* Strong ability to convey news in a clear, concise and compelling manner
* Working knowledge of modern digital media technology, particularly content-management tools and systems
* Active and professional user of social media
* Highly motivated, can work well independently or in team environment
This position reports to our Washington, DC office, however remote applicants anywhere in the world are encouraged.
How to apply
Please submit a few details about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org making sure you include specifics about:
* Your resume/CV,
* 3 – 5 sample news articles,
* Where you’re located,
* Your requested compensation rate.