Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. SM
Having energized and friendly front office assistants is essential to delivering quality care and creating success in our centers. As a front office assistant , you will be responsible for greeting patients, activating patient files, and providing support to medical staff. If you’re a team player with a warm and welcoming attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to multi-task, we’d love for you to join our team!
- Assist in opening and closing the clinic, locking and unlocking the doors, and maintaining a clean waiting area
- Welcome all On-Site Clinic patients and visitors by greeting them with a friendly demeanor, answering inquiries and directing them through the registration process.
- Answer multi-phone lines, filing, faxing, scanning documentation and completing daily patient callbacks
- Collect all insurance information, verify patient demographics, process payments, and complete phone sheets.
- Discharge patients, verify their information, and provide them with anything needed to leave such as discharge papers, prescription, or work/school excuses
This role is patient-facing and requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may vary based on location, patient volume, and business needs.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- 1+ year of customer service OR experience in a medical office setting
- Experience with basic computer software and the ability to learn electronic medical records
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role.
- Understanding of occupational medicine
- Experience collecting health insurance information and/or processing patient payments
- Experience with patient registration
- 6+ months of experience navigating computer systems, tools, and technologies – such as Microsoft Office, point of sale (POS), electronic medical record (EMR), or practice management and billing systems
Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.
© 2019 OptumCare. All rights reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Front Office Assistant, Receptionist, Clinic Administrative Assistant, Patient Coordinator, MedExpress, Patient Service Representative, Customer Service, Clinic, Clinical Administrative Coordinator, Medical Office, Customer Service, Patient Care, Medical, Healthcare, Admitting and Registration Clerk, health care , medical receptionist, scheduler, front office, medical front desk, MedExpress, Lutz, FL