Food & Beverage, News & Journalism, Writing, Blogging
To be discussed.
First We Feast, a James Beard Award-winning food and pop culture website owned and operated by Complex, is looking for a food-focused journalist to join the team as a News Editor / Blogger.
The ideal candidate should be fluent in culinary topics (chefs, restaurants, the exact amount of Doritos Locos Tacos sold to date) but also possess a broader perspective on how food fits into the pop-culture landscape. We bow at the altar of both Grant Achatz and Jay Z, and we’re looking for curious writers and journalists who are interested in exploring the culture of eating and drinking in all of its facets. This is a broad beat that extends beyond food.
The most valuable qualities a candidate can bring to the table are: a strong voice, smart reporting strategies, fresh ideas, and an ability to consistently execute those ideas at a high level.
This is a part-time freelance position.
* Produce daily content for a food-and-pop-culture website
* Communicate with news editor about daily stories
* Be constantly on the lookout for breaking news and trends
* Quickly report and analyze news related to food, drink, and pop culture
* Commit approximately 3-4 hours during the workday to blogging
* Tireless work ethic, as well as an ability to work at the pace of the Internet while remaining levelheaded and detail-oriented
* Ability to create content in a variety of formats, from reported stories to lists to Twitter roundups
* Knowledge of topics outside the food world, and an interest in finding ways to cover food and drink topics from a wide range of perspectives
* Desire to push the envelope
To apply: attach a PDF of your resume, a brief cover letter, and 2 writing samples.
Complex is a media platform and an online community that publishes the best, most diverse and most relevant voices in culture, period. With over 120 million unique monthly visitors and 1.4B monthly page views, Complex makes culture pop from its collection of partners, brands and its hub site Complex.com for one of the most sought after audiences of millennial influencers ever assembled.
Complex offers an awesome casual work environment with a great team of smart, motivated, innovative and fun people. We hold tons of events throughout the year including happy hours and team building activities.Click Here to Apply