Editing, News & Journalism, Writing
To be discussed.
Responsible for assisting in various areas of the newsroom, including writing, editing, shooting video and conducting interviews in the field. Fills in on Assignment Desk and with newsroom production as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Shoots b-roll and conducts interviews
2. Reports relevant information back to station from scene of news events
3. Can be assigned to newsroom or field duty as needed
4. Assists Reporters with gathering b-roll and interviews
5. Assists Reporters and Truck Operators during live shots and live events
6. Checks equipment and notifies ENG of equipment problems
7. Makes sure tapes or P2 cards are properly labeled before being ingested
8. Enters information into Planning Grid and researches stories for Assignment Desk
9. Trains interns/new hires in the field
1. Must be able to drive to story locations (must have valid Driver’s License)
2. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
3. Must be able to work shifts as needed in a 24/7 newsroom including overnights, weekends, and holidays
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field preferred
2. One year of experience working in news preferred.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply