Accounting & Finance, Administrative, Virtual Admin, Graphic Design, Nonprofit & Philanthropy, Operations
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Do you want to be part of an incredible company and know that you’re making a difference every single day? The Atlassian Foundation is looking for a passionate coordinator, working remotely anywhere in the United States or Australia for 30 hours per week.
Our team has set some big hairy audacious goals to see change within our lifetime. We can’t do it without you, an experienced administrative and communications professional with a real passion for all things philanthropy.
You have a proven track record of taking ownership and joining the dots to see the bigger picture. You’re revered for your strong analytical and communications skills. Thinking outside the box and coming up with effective solutions to big problems is what you do best.
You are a master of the pivot table, with an eye for detail when working with data. Booking a meeting – no problem, you know all the right steps to ensure everyone attends and how to ensure the pre-work has been done to make it productive. Without your skills and savvy, meetings just wouldn’t run as smoothly. You always go above and beyond because you know your role makes the Foundation hum. You’re crazy about attention to detail, because your mantra is, “It’s the small things that make it possible to achieve the big things”.
In this role, you will:
- Act as the Foundation’s point of contact, analysing and actioning requests in order to prioritise and take decisive action to facilitate the optimal use of the Foundation team’s time;
- Coordinate diary appointments, travel arrangements, records and correspondence, and respond proactively to changing circumstances and adjust plans and schedules when necessary;
- Prepare and review communications across a range of channels to support the delivery of the Foundation’s communication and engagement program;
- Work with a high level of accuracy to support the day-to-day operations, including banking processes; and
- Research, analyse, collate and provide reports to support informed decision-making and planning.
On the first day, we’ll expect you to have
- You have 5 years of experience providing comprehensive administrative and/or executive assistant support;
- Have been an active volunteer in your community or worked in a not-for-profit role previously
- You are someone who can communicate articulately and creatively through various platforms with demonstrated experience working in a communications role;
- You have the proven ability to work independently, collaborate with remote teams and thrive in a remote-work setup;
- You possess advanced MS Office skills, and experience using Google Suite, Zoom or any other video conferencing tools;
It’s also great if:
- You have experience using technologies such as Jira, Confluence, and Trello or any similar software
- You have graphic design skills
More about our team
The Atlassian Foundation has twelve members from all over the world – Australia, USA, India, The Philippines and Amsterdam.
We believe we have a responsibility to tackle disadvantage both locally (the communities where we work) and globally. We also believe in the transformational power of both education and business as forces for good. Our team has three pillars:
Our focus on education exists to help ensure disadvantaged young people (up to age 24) have the skills they need to thrive in the 21st century:
– Core academic skills
– Social and emotional skills
– Digital skills
– Entrepreneurial skills
– Vocational skills
-We bring out the best of business, by building the Pledge 1% movement.
We want to see every Atlassian “energised” to make a difference in their local communities during their time at Atlassian. To do this, we empower each Atlassians with five days of volunteering leave to make an impact!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Company – Atlassian
Website – https://www.atlassian.com/