Editing, Food & Beverage, Internet & Ecommerce, Online Content
The Spruce Eats is looking for experienced freelance editors who will work remotely. As a content update editor, you will be responsible for reviewing and revising existing recipes and articles. Update editors must commit to a minimum of 20 hours weekly (with a maximum weekly commitment of 40 hours). The rate for this role is $25 per hour.
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and four clips that demonstrate either their writing or editing skills. All successful candidates will need to complete a short edit test that confirms their food expertise and editing skills.
About Your Contributions:
- Review existing articles and recipes and revise content according to project instructions and editorial judgment
- Identify and update outdated material, noting where visuals will need improvement
- Copy edit, fact check, and potentially rewrite content
- At least 4 years experience editing in the food, recipe, and lifestyle space, preferably for a digital brand
- At least 1 year of professional experience editing photos or photographing food
- Extensive knowledge about cooking and baking techniques, cuisines, and ingredients. Culinary training, recipe development, or food work experience a big plus
- Up-to-date knowledge of food trends
- Detail-oriented, deadline-focused, and able to work independently and accurately
- Comfortable with content management systems
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree and culinary experience a plus
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Company – The SpruceClick Here to Apply