Administrative, Education & Training, College & University
To be discussed.
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Fiscal and Administrative Support Assistant needed in the Office of Education Research and Outreach to ensure that all business transactions are completed effectively in a timely manner and in compliance with state, university and department fiscal policies. This position is responsible for processing and receiving orders through Hokiemart within University “prompt pay” guidelines, managing center Pcard account, data gathering for OMEGA (grant) reimbursements, and for providing assistance with other financial and administrative duties as requested. Serves as fiscal liaison with the School of Education, and assists faculty with travel arrangements. Serves as delegate and processes travel approvals and reimbursements using the Travel Expense Management (TEM) system, and serves as back up to office staff during staff shortages and/or during peak times.
* Administrative support experience in an academic or professional office environment.
* Experience with computer applications such as MS Word and Excel.
* Ability to handle confidential information.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Must have a strong commitment to customer service and possess good organizational skills.
* Experience with Hokiemart and the TEM system.
* Administrative support experience in an academic office environment.Click Here to Apply