Full Job Description
This position provides administrative and operational assistance to the local Celebration Office in South Dakota and serves as liaison to the Celebration leadership and staff, as specified by the Director.
The Crusade Department exists to carry on the mission of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association by proclaiming the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to all by every effective means available for equipping the church and others to do the same. Crusade teams work in cities around the world mobilizing, encouraging, and training local church leaders to create the actual evangelistic meeting where both the saved and unsaved will hear the Gospel message and be given an opportunity to either invite Jesus Christ into their hearts for the first time or recommit their lives in service to the Lord. After the invitation, the Crusades Department works with the local church to ensure all who have made a decision for Christ are given the opportunity to assimilate into the local church and to receive training as a disciple.
The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association is a nonprofit organization that directs a range of domestic and international ministries. From its headquarters in Charlotte, N.C., the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association directs a wide range of domestic and international ministries, including: large-scale festivals led by evangelists Franklin Graham and Will Graham; The Billy Graham Library; The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove, Blue Ridge Broadcasting which houses The Light FM located outside of Asheville, N.C.; SearchforJesus.net, an Internet evangelism project reaching thousands of people for Christ online; and many others through print, television, telephone, radio and the Internet.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Faithfully upholds BGEA in prayer.
- Participates in daily BGEA staff devotions as schedule permits.
- Demonstrates behavior aligned with BGEA’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates with the Celebration Director and/or Support Specialist in handling all financial donations, strictly implementing BGEA Financial Procedures/Policies with confidence
- Ability to calculate and create deposits into the bank
- Maintains honest and noble integrity with financial funding
- Ensures timely financial processing and effective deposit from events
- Works closely with Celebration Team in overall strategic planning and preparations from a financial aspect to support the Celebration
- Attends and participates in all designated Celebration functions, meetings and events related to the pre-Celebration as well as the Celebration.
Marginal Duties and Responsibilities
- Helps assist in set-up and dismantling of the Celebration Office
- Networks the Celebration with other area Christian ministries/events
- Helps assist with other projects as assigned by the Celebration Director
- Reports to Celebration Director
- Coordinates with administrative support staff and leadership team
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of high school education or equivalency required, with some college preferred
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Excellent organizational skills, with high detail orientation
- Excellent computer and software skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, & others)
- Ability to operate a variety of standard office equipment
- Ability to demonstrate a consistent Christian witness
- Professional demeanor and ability to maintain absolute confidentiality
- Experience with project development and coordination
- Ability to prioritize work effectively in order to simultaneously fulfill numerous responsibilities
- Ability to work productively and independently with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to balance workload by delegation of tasks
- Ability to analyze trends and recommend necessary action
- Ability to relate effectively and productively with people while presenting a positive image of Christ and BGEA
- Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in the midst of changing priorities and circumstances
- Work is typically performed in a conventional office environment
- Frequent travel within local area is required
Employees filling associate positions are allowed to work up to 1,000 hours a year (calendar/sequential) and are not offered any benefits.
Ministry Employee Expectations
As an employee of Billy Graham Evangelistic Association:
- I acknowledge that the Lord Jesus Christ is my personal Savior and that I am a personal representative of Him.
- I understand that BGEA is a Christian organization whose purpose is proclaiming the message of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ throughout the world.
- I agree that the purpose of my employment with BGEA is to further its Christian purpose, and that I am prepared to assist in accomplishing that purpose.
- I understand that I must exhibit conduct that is consistent with BGEA’s expectations, whether at work or away from work, in keeping with scriptural teachings and principles as set forth in God’s Word, BGEA’s Statement of Faith, and BGEA’s policies including Christian Conduct.
Statement of Faith
These core beliefs make up the foundation upon which all our ministry endeavors are based:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God revealing the love of God to the world. 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; John 3:16.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15.
- We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Furthermore we believe that God will reward the righteous with eternal life in heaven, and that He will banish the unrighteous to everlasting punishment in hell. Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. 1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23.
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism (sharing and proclaiming the message of salvation only possible by grace through faith in Jesus Christ) and discipleship (helping followers of Christ grow up into maturity in Christ) is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9.
- We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10.
Continuing the lifelong work of Billy Graham, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association exists to support and extend the evangelistic calling and ministry of Franklin Graham by proclaiming the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to all we can by every effective means available to us and by equipping the church and others to do the same.
Company – Billy Graham Evangelistic Association