NYLON readers are experimental when it comes to style and beauty and are curious about all sorts of beauty- and fashion-related news and trends, so interested applicants should be, too. We’re looking for candidates who can quickly cover the latest product drops and collaboration announcements, compile SEO-optimized beauty and fashion trend roundups, identify on-brand celebrity beauty and fashion news as well as breaking viral trends on platforms like TikTok and YouTube, and so much more.
The ideal candidate should be an experienced writer who is in-the-know about the biggest beauty-and-fashion stories of the moment, and ready to get in on the conversation from the NYLON point of view. Published writing clips and experience working in a fast-paced, digital environment are required. In your cover letter, please tell us your favorite beauty and fashion topics to cover, as well as your favorite sources for beauty and fashion news. We’re especially looking for writers who approach both categories through the lens of pop and internet culture, and a unique, diverse, and inclusive point of view.
- 1-2 years of beauty and/or fashion writing experience, preferably in the digital realm
- Ability to write clean copy with a quick turnaround time
- An established portfolio of published clips
- Eagerness to jump on breaking and trending stories and topics in the beauty and fashion spheres
- Available to work remotely 3-4 days per week
- Sweep the internet for trending fashion and beauty stories
- Pitch article ideas with unique angles and headlines
- Create and publish 3-4 stories per day
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.
Company – NYLON