Customer Service, Education & Training, Medical & Health, Youth & Children
Cleo is bringing technology to market that supports considering, expecting and existing parents at scale! Our mission is to be the trusted partner as employees navigate critical health and wellbeing moments throughout their lives, making it possible for them to succeed at home and at work.
As a Family Guide at Cleo you’ll have the opportunity to:
– Make a huge impact on the lives of new and expectant families
– Create long-term relationships with families who come to you for support and guidance about navigating pregnancy and parenting a newborn
– Work with an incredibly collaborative team of passionate, smart, and enthusiastic people
– Work remotely on a flexible schedule
If you are an empathetic professional (doula, lactation consultant, parenting coach, sleep coach, etc) who is ready to challenge the current state of health care and the way that people consume information about pregnancy and parenting, then you’ll be at home with Cleo.
Description: This is a flexible, independent contractor/part-time (15-25 hours/week) position on our Care Operations team. In this role, you will assist families as they navigate their pregnancies and the first year of parenting; connect them with local community resources; refer them to Cleo’s network of specialized experts; and deliver high-quality support to ensure that every family’s needs are met. You will help shape our evidence-based care model, personalizing your support to meet the needs and preferences of each family. You get to create relationships with your families that are based on trust, knowledge, and nonjudgemental support. You will have the chance to use your expertise to triage specific questions and circumstances to determine the scope and qualifications required to respond.
- Assisting families in understanding Cleo services, triaging health and wellness-related questions, providing relevant education, and flagging any urgent issues to our Clinical Operations team
- Being responsible for establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with families, team and experts
- Being responsible for ensuring families have a 5-star experience (as indicated by feedback surveys) and checking in on families who may have gone inactive
- Delivering insights and feedback from families back to team to help shape our service in the future
- Independently using judgment and decision making in addressing family needs, and consulting our collaborative team when questions are outside of your scope of expertise
- Recording all family details, plans and data in our proprietary system and relaying updates to Care Operations team to ensure all team members share important knowledge about a family
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following competencies critical to this role:
- Flexibility: Able to be at service to families throughout the day on weekdays, with an expected response the same business day, and to triage urgent concerns after hours should they arise
- Decision Making: Gather information necessary to make decisions; Think through problems clearly and logically; Is decisive, doesn’t procrastinate on decisions
- Strategic Agility: Focus on activities that provide the most value; Regularly update family plans to reflect changing circumstances
- Technical and Business Expertise: Help to improve the family experience via feedback on services & available technology; Provide key feedback on family experience to help our Product team build new features
- Communication: Express verbal and written ideas fluently and logically; able to adapt to the Cleo tone in written and verbal language; open to input and can be depended on for truthfulness
- Results-Oriented: Goal-directed and persistent; is accountable for meeting commitments; recognizes the contributions of peers
- You have 3+ years of experience in providing support to families around pregnancy, birth, postpartum or the first years of parenting. (Examples: Birth Doula and/or Postpartum Doula, Certified Lactation Education Counselor (CLEC), International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), parenting coach, sleep coach
- You feel comfortable supporting families from pregnancy through early infancy with the support of our team of experts to back you up for any questions that fall outside of your scope of knowledge. You have the ability to creatively problem solve, think critically and make decisions with a high degree of autonomy
- You are able to take initiative and exercise independent judgment to provide safe, responsive care to busy and overwhelmed families
- You are able to apply insight and understanding about emotions and human responses to create and maintain positive interpersonal interactions, including when families may be dealing with a loss, a child in the NICU or other challenging situations
- You are a clear and concise communicator, able to relay empathy no matter the medium of communication
- You are solutions-oriented, able to tackle challenges with creative thinking & a willingness to go above and beyond for a family in need
- You are comfortable with professional software such as Google Drive, chat-based team collaborative apps such as Slack, and have experience using Google Calendar in a professional environment. You feel confident in your abilities to learn new systems and adapt to changing workflows. We are a health tech startup!
Company – Cleo