Online Research, Market Research, Google Search
$8-$20 for each research question you respond to. Rate varies depending upon the difficulty of the question.
- A discerning eye for quality content
- Strong general knowledge paired with several areas of expertise
- Command of the English language and strong/grammatical writing a must
- Ability to create lean, high-level, often quantitative summaries directly answering users’ questions
- Critical analysis, logical reasoning skills
- Keen attention to details
- Understanding of basic economics (knowledge of markets a huge plus)
How To ApplyClick Here To Apply
Wonder (askwonder.com) is a fast-growing Internet company committed to making online research more accessible to those who need it. It’s looking to employ excellent, seasoned researchers who can efficiently track down the highest quality resources across the web and explain the results to its users in a personable, human way.
The best researchers will have a wide breadth of knowledge and specific expertise in several subjects, with an equal penchant for diving into uncharted territory and swiftly becoming an authority. Because many of the users depend on hard data to make decisions, quantitative proficiency is preferred. You not only know how to extract and validate hard stats, but can calculate some of your own on the fly if need be. Previous experience working in a research-intensive role is a definite plus, though not required. Most of all, researchers are all problem solvers with a sense of imagination that helps them dig deep and find meaningful intelligence.
You’ll help answer tough questions that can’t be answered with cursory Googling. For example:
- ”Who is currently deeply pursuing the consumer internet of things and who is primed to lead Industrial Revolution 4.0?”
- “How can one go about obtaining a photo taken by a satellite in space of a specific future event at a given time and place on Earth?”
- “How fragmented (or consolidated) are companies in the used OEM auto parts industry?”
- “What did the French colonial troops do when they were sent to China during the Boxer Rebellion – were they engaged in combat? Did they serve as a peacekeeping force?“
For each search you claim, you’ll be tasked with finding 5+ links to high-quality sources, and writing a rich summary directly answering the user’s query while adding any insights you gleaned along the way.
- Global community of researchers
- Work from anywhere
- No fixed hours
- Be as active as you’d like