Writing, Content writing, Blogging
Our company needs awesome writers for project-based, consistent work
- We’re an established media company with a portfolio of great websites and we’re looking to augment our current team of amazing writers.
- Our latest project is focused on a growing site that helps people make smart decisions about home improvement products. The site is doing well but we think it could be doing better.
- That’s why we’re looking for a team of 3-5 experienced, dedicated writers to help us revamp much of the existing content and take it to the next level.
- This position is project-based long-term, meaning we think it will take 3-6 months. When the revamp is finished and if you like writing for us, there may be an opportunity to join our current writing team.
- To get an idea of the content we produce, check out one of our most popular sites, Coffee-Channel. The site you’ll be working on is comparable in scope and design.
- Are you a writer who has a wealth of experience with power tools, appliances, automobiles, landscaping, and general home improvement projects?
- Do you currently work in the home improvement industry? Or do you have experience in any number of trades (e.g. carpentry, plumbing, electrical, etc.)?
- Maybe you’re simply a Do-It-Yourself enthusiast who knows their stuff?
- Would you like to share your knowledge with others and receive fair compensation?
- Are you looking for a short-term opportunity that could lead to a long-term position?
About the project
The website contains a range of informative and commercial content. Our articles range from these hypothetical examples:
- How to Change Your Pool Filter
- Boiler vs Water Heater: What’s the Difference?
- X DIY Projects You Can Build Today
to commercial product reviews (i.e. X Best Products, X vs Y model comparisons, etc.)
Our plan is to rewrite and update all the informative content first and move on to the product reviews.
Experienced, authoritative writers create trustworthy content
This is not a position for freelance writer generalists who say, “I can write about anything.” Let’s face it, most of us can write about anything.
We need writers with a proven track record of experience either writing about home improvement or working in the trades. Preferably both.
What do you get in exchange?
Working with us
- We offer fair pay, plus bonuses and raises – The greater your experience, the higher we pay. Moreover, we routinely give raises to writers who perform. Also, we give per article bonuses on a wide range of materials.
- You get paid promptly – You’ll be paid three days after you submit work for the last deadline (via PayPal or TransferWise). For example, your week deadline is Tuesday, 11:59 PM EST. You’ll be paid that coming Friday (usually in the morning).
- We offer consistent work – Though the work will be project-based at the beginning, we assign content every week, period. Many of our current writers have been with us for over a year – and still going strong. Several writers work for us full-time and make an excellent living. Word counts per week range from 10-25k+.
- You have an opportunity to beef up your portfolio and the potential join our current team – As mentioned above, we may ask you to join our current team when the project is complete.
- Flexibility – Work at your own pace, adjust your desired word count per week to suit your availability.
- Weekly deadlines – Get your assignment on Tuesday, turn it in the following Tuesday.
- Our editors care – We believe in getting the best out of our writers with encouragement and constructive communication. Your assigned editor will be invested in your success as a writer. When you have questions or concerns, we’ll be there like Shazam!
- Superb guidance via SOPs – Our comprehensive writer’s guidelines cover everything you need to know about working with us, including instructional videos and detailed examples.
- Ease of communication – No conference calls, no Slack chatrooms, no Trello boards. Aside from the trial and hiring process, all communication will take place via email with your assigned editor.
- Potential for a byline and author’s bio– Unlike most ghostwriting gigs, we’re looking for writers who want credit for their work. We’ll go into further detail if you get the position.
What we need from you
Experience – Enthusiasm is far more important than experience, but please don’t apply unless you have the experience mentioned earlier: you’ve either written about home improvement extensively or you have worked in the trades.
- We prefer writers with a minimum of 3 years writing for online publications, but we will accept new writers with exceptional hands-on experience.
Native English writing chops – You should have polished writing skills and at least a passing familiarity with Grammarly and spellcheck in Word.
- Meanwhile, we like writers who know their stuff AND jump off the page with personality and engagement. No stodgy, academic writing here. We’re people writing for people.
- Native English-speakers only. This is non-negotiable. You must also be intimately familiar with writing for a US audience.
Digital competency – Nothing fancy, just the usual stuff.
- A PayPal or TransferWise account
- Core competency with MS Word and Google Drive
It would be awesome if…
- You have access to a camera and possess some basic photography skills (we pay extra for that, of course!)
We’re particularly looking for writers who…
- Are willing and able to have products shipped to you for hands-on testing and reviewing (free stuff!)
- Own (some of) the stuff you’ll be writing about (not a requirement)
Company – Pangolia Ltd.
Website – https://pangolia.org/