Animals & Wildlife, Customer Service, Holiday & Seasonal, Travel & Hospitality
To be discussed.
As Phoenix Zoo ambassadors, Exhibit Guides enhance guest experiences by initiating conversations, providing assistance, answering questions, and educating the public about the animals in Monkey Village, Stingray Bay, Giraffe Encounter, Harmony Farm and the Petting Zoo, as well as other animals encountered throughout the Zoo. Exhibit Guides are also responsible for providing safe and engaging experience for guests on a daily basis by acting as an interpreter for scheduled and unscheduled exhibit presentations.
* Provide quality guest service to both internal and external guests by maintaining a WILD (friendly, helpful, positive and professional) working attitude and appearance.
* Explain the rules of the exhibit and animal interaction to guests entering encounter exhibits.
* Educate guests by initiating discussions and answering questions.
* Monitor the public ensuring the safety of guests and animals while assisting in crowd control and flow through encounter exhibits and at Harmony Farm.
* Assist keepers with the daily opening and closing of encounter exhibits.
* Facilitate high quality Creature Features and other assigned public presentations.
* Assist in training new volunteers and employees.
* Maintain cleanliness and safety of exhibits and workspace.
* Attend scheduled meetings and training for all department team members to become familiar with experiences, logistics and responsibilities.
* Requires a high school degree.
* Minimum 1 year previous customer service oriented.
* Excellent public speaking and presentation skills and the ability to learn, understand and communicate science concepts and messages to the public over a public address system.
* Existing knowledge about geology, ecology, conservation and biology is a plus.
* Personable, responsible, and energetic, with the ability to initiate discussions and effectively communicate with all age levels through good listening skills, friendliness, enthusiasm, positive attitude and humor.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and in a team.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekdays, weekends, evenings, holidays and special events.
* Ability to perform all duties in an outdoor environment even during extremes of weather.
* Able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
* Ability to pass pre-employment background check, drug test and clear annual TB test.Click Here to Apply