Human Services, Social Work, Medical & Health, Therapy
To be discussed.
Recognized as the #1 Best Company to Work for In New York, the YAI Network is an award-winning, nationally acclaimed network of not-for-profit health and human services agencies dedicated to building brighter futures for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities of all ages and their families. We serve individuals, families, and communities in the NYC metropolitan area, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland, Orange, and Sullivan Counties within New York State. The most recent additions to our network include services to New Jersey and Puerto Rico. Our full range of services include early intervention, pre-school, family supports, day treatment and day habilitation programs, employment training and placement, clinical and residential services, as well as recreation and camping services.
YAI has immediate openings for FT Evening Counselors to work in our Residential Group Homes serving adults with developmental disabilities. Excellent opportunity to work a temporary work schedule with the possibility of part-time or full-time employment in the future. Receive on-going state-of-the-art training, supportive supervision, and tangible professional experience.
* Teach daily and independent living skills to adults with developmental disabilities
* Provide individual & group counseling
* Promote community integration, including recreational activities
* Valid Driver’s License required (except for overnight positions)
* HS/GED required; BA/BS or some college a plus
* Work or life experience counseling/teaching/helping others a plus
* On-Call for weekend & evening hours (Flexible based on your schedule)
* Our group homes operate 24 hours/day 7 days/week. Substitute shifts include (but are not limited to):
* Various shifts on Saturdays and/or Sundays (i.e. work a Saturday and/or Sunday 8am-10pm)
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply