Apex Learning is a digital curriculum company powered by smart people passionate about learning and motivated by results. An industry leader with deep expertise in digital instruction, Apex Learning works closely with school districts across the country to implement proven solutions that increase on-time graduation rates and create opportunities for student success in school and beyond. The company is driven by the understanding that supporting the needs of all students – from struggling to accelerated – strengthens schools and creates stronger communities, brighter futures and a more equitable world.
Apex Learning Virtual School is seeking a part-time ENGLISH Instructor. ALVS teachers provide timely and responsive communication with students, mentors, and coaches to enhance understanding of expectations, and provide targeted instruction feedback. The teacher will use a variety of tools to communicate with students, including e-mail, periodic telephone calls, moderation of online class discussions, posting announcements via the learning environment and periodic synchronous online sessions.
- Welcome students to course, communicate requirements, encourage participation, monitor student pacing and progress through course
- Facilitate a friendly, supportive online learning environment for ALVS (Apex Learning Virtual School) students.
- Provide relevant, helpful and friendly feedback on assignments within three business days of when the assignment was submitted
- Maintains an open line of communication with parents/guardians/school district mentors and personnel and seeks mentor and parental involvement when necessary.
- Maintains confidentiality of student information and maintains timely records of student performance.
- Respond to all student inquiries within one business day.
- Participate in departmental team meeting when appropriate
- Mentor and promote student academic progress and show an active interest in student achievement.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Current certification in at least 1 state.
- Knowledge and practical application of English education pedagogy.
- Ability to adhere to teaching obligations, including meeting deadlines, course schedules, and maintenance of teacher certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents and other professionals.
- Experience teaching in online or blended environments a plus.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check.
- Ability to pass a Social Security Administration E-Verify check for U.S. work authorization.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university.
- At least 4 years teaching in a classroom preferred.
Company – Apex Learning
Website – https://www.apexlearning.com/