Education Consultant, Education & Training, Online, Teaching, Teaching, Coaching
A national nonprofit founded by teachers, TNTP believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
We are currently seeking individuals to join TNTP’s temporary pool to fill part-time temporary project needs across the organization. TNTP Temp candidates will provide teams with additional capacity to complete priority projects or provide coverage during staff transitions and leaves. Candidates who are selected to be part of the pool will be contacted when assignments that match with their skills, abilities, and experience become available. Assignments will vary in length with most lasting between 2 weeks and 3-4 months, and work through the TNTP Temps pool is not guaranteed.
What You’ll Do
As a temporary Effectiveness Coach, you will play a critical role in TNTP’s teacher development initiatives and academic consulting work. You will be responsible for the performance of the teachers on your contracts, developing teachers to reach their full potential as well as the design and facilitation of relevant curriculum and instruction-centered professional development
Here are some examples of what a temporary Effectiveness Coach might do:
- Develop and execute a data-driven and comprehensive coaching strategy that supports retention and improved performance of teachers in multiple schools, networks, and districts across a variety of contracts within the region.
- Communicate and collaborate to support teacher development with key stakeholders – partners, principals, and other team staff
- Develop teachers in a turnaround setting through direct coaching and training, ensuring theyrapidly improve their performance
- Identify innovative solutions for improving teachers overall performance to meet contract goals
- Design standards-aligned, content-specific sessions for teacher professional development
- Play a supporting role in TNTP’s teacher development initiatives, proposing and crafting long-term, Common Core aligned teacher development strategies and services
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, understand the power of diversity, advocate for equity, aspire to lead through inclusion, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
We expect our temporary Effectiveness Coach to:
- Know great teaching when they see it. Whether you are watching a teacher deliver a lesson or looking at student performance data, you can immediately identify whether a teacher is effective and what s/he needs to do to improve immediately and in the long-term. You have at least four years of Pre-K to 12 teaching experience, preferably in schools where students face significant challenges, and a proven track record of raising student achievement.
- Set strategy for developing new teachers. You track and analyze teacher data, but it’s what you do with it that really has an impact. Based on your data analysis and what you see in the classroom, you identify new approaches to improve performance of new teachers under a quick timeline. Your strong creative instincts allow you to develop new approaches, programs, or initiatives with limited guidance and historical precedent.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity. You have an ability to adapt to challenges quickly, proposing and implementing thoughtful solutions.
- Have stage presence. We’re counting on your strong facilitation skills and ability to expertly lead teacher professional development. You have experience designing and facilitating professional development for teachers.
- Embrace cross-cultural agility. Authentic self-reflection, self-awareness, and high emotional intelligence are central to who you are, and you utilize these skills to contribute to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. You have an adept cultural understanding of yourself and use your understanding of yourself and others to build trusting relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Build relationships. You’ll regularly partner with, and be expected to influence teachers and school leaders, investing them in the vision for TNTP’s coaching model and generating excitement about innovative approaches to professional development. You have an ability to connect and build relationships with diverse communities. Bilingual abilities are a plus.
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive hourly rate commensurate with experience in a similar position. We offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. The Temporary Effectiveness Coach role starts at $28 per hour.
Please submit your application online. A cover letter is not required. If TNTP has a temporary opportunity that is a fit for your experience, a member of our Talent Acquisition team will contact you directly.
Company – TNTP – The New Teacher Project
Website – https://tntp.org/