Education & Training, Environmental & Green, Nonprofit & Philanthropy, Science
To be discussed.
The Butterfly Pavilion seeks a creative, energetic individual with a passion for learning about and connecting visitors-school and youth groups, families, adults-with science, nature, and invertebrates to join our education team to promote appreciation, understanding, and conservation of invertebrates and habitats worldwide.
* Teaching engaging, interactive science education programs at the Butterfly Pavilion, in local schools, youth organizations, senior centers, libraries, other community locations, and via real-time video conference (distance learning)
* Increasing the reach of the Butterfly Pavilion in the community
* Facilitating public programming and exhibit interpretation for visitors to Butterfly Pavilion
* Using live animals to demonstrate science concepts
* Attending required branch and facility meetings
* Collaborating with Programs and Exhibits department to develop and implement new curricula or programs
* Provide administrative support to Programs and Exhibits Department
* Cross-training to provide program support in other areas as necessary
* Pursuing or holding a degree in education, environmental sciences, biology or related field
* Comfortable interacting with visitors of all ages
* Excellent customer service and communication skills
* Enthusiastic, creative, sense of fun, patient
* Organized and flexible
* Computer/technology proficiency’word processing, presentation software, video conferencing, projectors, interactive white boards, spreadsheets, databases
* 1-2 years’ experience working in non-formal education setting -e.g. museum, zoo, aquarium, nature center
* Prior experience in a customer service based role
* Prior experience working with individuals of different ages and abilities
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions within this position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the VP of .
While performing the responsibilities of the Educator, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Employee should be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Ability to lift, carry and load education materials into vehicle, not to exceed 50 lbsClick Here to Apply