Administrative, Customer Service, Education & Training, Youth & Children
$21.02 – $25.81 Hourly
The Palo Alto Art Center is your place to discover art. See, make, and be inspired because everyone is an artist. Created by the community, for the community in 1971, the Palo Alto Art Center provides an accessible and welcoming place to engage with art. We serve approximately 90,000 people every year through a diverse range of programs.
The Education Assistant supports the day-to-day running of the Education program including: the Art Center’s afterschool, weekend, and summer studio art program for children; outreach and family day events; and birthday party rentals. The Education assistant supports art instructors, communicates with participating families, and fulfills various administrative tasks to ensure high quality art education experiences. He/she also works to improve the impact and quality of the program by being responsible for publicizing classes and workshops and evaluating the program’s ongoing needs.
Work Hours and Schedule:
This position is part-time, approximately 15-20 hours a week; hours will vary. Occasional Saturdays, Sundays and evenings are required.
This is a SEIU Hourly benefited position, not to exceed 999 hours per fiscal year.
– Communicate with and support art instructors and education coordinators to ensure they have the information and supplies they need to successfully teach their classes and implement public programs
– Communicate with parents to ensure high quality customer service and satisfaction
– Oversee administrative aspects of the program including maintaining class schedules, registration data, sign-in binders, and emergency forms, to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the program
– Administer art instructor contracts and pay instructors ensuring that the program stays within budget
– Work with Director of Education to determine schedule of classes at Mitchell Park Community Center and to write class descriptions for Enjoy! Catalog
– Purchase art supplies within budget and ensure children’s art studios are organized and function for efficient running of the program
– Administer birthday party program by communicating with families and coordinating teaching artists for the program
– Additional duties as needed
– Excellent oral communication skills and customer service experience
– Flexibility, ability to self-start, and a passion for the arts and/or creative endeavors
– Time management, prioritization and organization skills
– Ability to work independently
– Computer skills in word processing, data entry, email and internet researchClick Here to Apply