Dot & Bo (www.dotandbo.com) is a uniquely curated shopping experience that makes modern design accessible, and inspires people to create their perfect homes. We seek to revolutionize the ecommerce industry by creating a uniquely fun and immersive online environment. Based in the heart of San Francisco’s Design District, Dot & Bo is a network of dynamic individuals where designers, engineers, curators, and copywriters come together to create something truly unique.
Written content plays a major role at Dot & Bo, and our blog is an integrated facet of this experience. We are looking for a skilled freelance writer with creativity, writing chops, and a great design sense to join our team. You’ll help us tell the stories behind our products and our favorite interior styles with crisp, compelling, witty narratives. You’ll also help define the Dot & Bo lifestyle by offering hosting tips and creative entertaining hacks. We’re especially interested in candidates with experience writing for the web—particularly in the interior design and lifestyle sectors—who can distill stories into clear, digestible content that will delight our audience.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Write stories for our blog that range in topics from what’s trending to how you should style your home
- Collect and curate corresponding images that contribute to the narrative of each post
- Become a complete geek about interior styles, wood types, fabrics, and historical design motifs
- Tell the stories behind our daily collections, adhering to the Dot & Bo voice and style
WHO YOU ARE:
- A career writer; someone who lives for the written word
- A grammarian; you know about semicolons, em dashes, subject-verb agreement, and active sentences
- An interior design aficionado who understands how furnishings can affect lifestyle
- Fluent in a swift, breezy writing style—or eager to try it on for size.
- You’ve got a rapier wit, and know just when to use it
- Deadline-driven; able to keep up with our fast editorial pace
- Experience writing copy for the web preferred
- Able to commit 10-20 hours per week
WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
- A flexible part-time schedule and the ability to work remotely
- Valuable copywriting experience for a booming startup in the design sector
- Exciting writing challenges in the form of constantly changing products and styles
- The opportunity to become engrossed in a very fun, playful writing voice
- Merchandise discounts!
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply