Full Job Description
- About the IMB: IMB’s mission is t o serve Southern Baptists in carrying out the Great Commission to make disciples of all nations. More than 1.7 billion people still live with little or no access to the Gospel. IMB is an entity of the Southern Baptist Convention, the nation’s largest evangelical denomination, with more than 46,000 churches and over 15 million members. The International Mission Board, a nonprofit religious organization in Richmond, VA, is hiring for a temporary part-time Editor.
- Prayer Mobilization EditorHours: Part time, Temporary roleLocation: Richmond, VA – may consider remote work
Rate: Salary commensurate with experience + great benefits!
- Job Summary: The Prayer Mobilization Editor position is a temporary role working with the IMB Prayer Office. This role will work part time hours (25 hours a week) for three months (February, March, April 2021). The Editor will curate and condense prayer requests for distribution to varied audiences. This role will assist the Senior Editor in entering content into a database and calendaring those entries.
- Working and editing in company system-CNet: repetitive copy and paste in Word and CNet database, meticulous scheduling procedure—a drag and drop process.
- Curating/Condensing: PrayerPoints monthly prayer calendar: partnering with the Affinity Prayer Advocate (field personnel), curate and edit prayer requests and stories to fit established project parameters.
- Provide content to graphic designer and proof layout before printing.
- Select prayer requests for distribution to specific groups, using their guidelines of topic and word count: LifeWay, WMU, GuideStone, and staff.
- Enter staff requests to Intranet.
- 3-5 years of editing experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of Word and other Microsoft applications
- Ability to learn Basecamp
- Ability to learn upload process for Intranet (SharePoint)
- Basic understanding of SBC
Company – International Mission Board