DRC Programs Coordinator
Full Job Description
Initiated as a US-based NGO in 2012, GCE is a small but dynamic and fast-growing organization with an established track record of successful conservation and sustainable community development project implementation in Equateur Province, DRC. Currently, GCE is significantly expanding in terms of scope of projects, personnel, and budgets. In this context, GCE US is looking to hire a part-time Program Coordinator.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who is motivated by our mission, able to take initiative, has strong leadership and communication skills, and can adapt to change and complexity.
- Technical skills and competencies
- Essential: perfectly fluent in French and English (written and spoken);
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Ability to lead strategic thinking and strategic project development;
- Ability to adapt strategies and plans to changes in local context and budget availability, while maintaining coherence and optimising resources;
- Ability to solve problems creatively while getting the job done;
- Ability to develop realistic work plans and oversee their implementation;
- Ability to develop, implement, and review monitoring and evaluation plans;
- Willingness and ability to travel to DRC including in remote forest areas at least once per year;
- Willingness and ability to work remotely and to manage workload and priorities with relative autonomy and guidance.
- Knowledge and experience
- Relevant higher education degree;
- At least 5-8 years’ experience of project management, monitoring, and evaluation in community forestry or related topic;
- Experience of working with local partners in the Congo Basin region, preferably in DRC;
- Experience in report and proposal writing;
- Excellent knowledge of/demonstrated interest in community-based forest management and related topics – conservation, climate change, biodiversity, agroforestry, agriculture, fisheries, NTFP, as well as implementation challenges;
- Demonstrated commitment toward issues of inclusion in community forests, including women and indigenous people;
- Good management skills; experience in managing staff and/or consultants;
- Experience in budget and financial management in a non-governmental organization;
- High level of competence in using software packages, including the main Microsoft Office applications.
General responsibility of coordinating and managing the implementation of GCE US’ projects with GCE DRC.
- Project management
- Manage the overall relationship and project implementation with GCE DRC in line with strategy, agreed upon budgets, logframe, work plans, and procedures;
- Oversee the set up and implementation of project/finance management and monitoring procedures;
- In collaboration with GCE DRC, ensure that narrative and financial reporting of the project is delivered to a high standard;
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of community forestry, nature and biodiversity conservation, sustainability best practices, tools, and models in DRC and globally;
- Liaise with relevant government Ministries, national and international institutions and donors as needed;
- Maintain a good understanding of national laws relevant to the project and a good overview of national policy and legal developments ensuring alignment of project strategies;
- Supervise the work of consultants, researchers, interns, and volunteers as appropriate.
- Support to and oversight of GCE DRC
- Maintain communications with GCE DRC to implement and monitor projects;
- Provide extensive support, guidance, and mentoring – both on the content of the projects (strategy, activities) and in matters of general organizational management to GCE DRC team members responsible for project implementation. This will be done through the coordination of trainings, regular visits to DRC, regular communication between GCE US/DRC, regular review of activities, processes, and documents produced or undertaken by GCE DRC;
- Ensure systems of accountability are followed and/or established as needed.
- Identify funding opportunities and contribute to the preparation of funding proposals relevant to the development of GCE US’ strategy.
- Coordinate the development of relevant project-based communications and fundraising content, in conjunction with the GCE US and GCE DRC.
- Participate in GCE US’ strategic development, including attending Board or Advisory Council meetings as needed, in coordination with the Executive Director;
- Contribute to GCE US’ organizational knowledge base, ensuring that relevant project documentation and data is structured and stored in a way that can be accessed by others;
Perform other tasks requested by the Executive Director
Company – Bond
Website: https://www.bond.org.uk/Click Here to Apply